Company: National General Insurance Company
Location: Winston Salem
Posted on: February 11, 2019
Responsible for performing structured reviews of claim files to assure that they meet defined file quality standards as defined by internal and external requirements, in an objective and consistent manner for the Claims Department. Claim file reviews will address opportunities to improve and provide feedback in a positive learning environment, with the goal being continuous improvement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
* Complete assigned audits accurately and within a set time period
* Participate in special events and audits as needed
* Conduct calibration discussions with managers to ensure the Claim Department has consistency in understanding and application of file handling expectations
* Respond to claim s leadership questions and inquiries in a timely manner with accuracy
* Participate in intra-team calibration sessions to ensure necessary calibration is included in this function
* Maintain monthly and quarterly reporting with management over the assigned region and specialty, including assessment of action items and evaluation of action plans; expertise and utilization of the audit tool is necessary
* Interpret and apply coverage issues accurately with a full understanding of the requirements surrounding good faith file handling
* Communicate effectively with all levels of employees, from front line claims representatives to department and company leaders
MINIMUM SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Proficient in the property and casualty claims handling process, including most or all product lines and coverages
* Thorough knowledge of policies & procedures, claims handling processes, and state legal and regulatory issues
* Solid knowledge in any combination of the following technical areas: coverage and liability assessment, property/homeowners, RV, PIP or bodily injury claims, including resolving claims in litigation. ADVANCED AUTOMOBILE ESTIMATING CLAIMS HANDLING EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE.
* High degree of initiative, mature judgment and discretion
* Ability to resolve conflicts and empathize with others through negotiation
* Effective business planning and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure, adhere to project deadlines and assume leadership role as needed
* General understanding of global company knowledge and totality of impact of decisions
* Solid understanding of the insurance industry and organizational relationships of the company
* General understanding of the functions of other departments (i.e. Policy Ops, Marketing, Finance)
* Basic skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
* Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to travel on occasion, sometimes with limited notice
* ADVANCED AUTOMOBILE ESTIMATING CLAIMS HANDLING EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE.
* Bachelor s Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
* Expert knowledge in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
* 5+ years of experience in Insurance Claims
ABOUT NATIONAL GENERAL HOLDINGS:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
* Paid Training
* Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
* Wellness Programs
* Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
* 401k w/ Company Match
* Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
* Employee Discount Program
* Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
* On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
* On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
* Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
Apply Not ready to Apply*
Keywords: National General Insurance Company, Winston-Salem , Claims Auditor, Accounting, Auditing , Winston Salem, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!