Senior Finance Auditor
Company: Hanes Brands
Location: Winston Salem
Posted on: July 8, 2019
Overview Job Function/ Purpose:
As determined by the HBI Audit Plan, supervise and perform
financial internal audits assessing the accuracy of financial
information and quality of internal controls in various areas of
the company. Plan, supervise, and perform operational audits,
Sarbanes-Oxley reviews, and special projects as requested. Position
may also assist in the planning and supervision of audit projects
beyond those being directly led, as deemed necessary.
Responsibilities Primary Responsibilities/ Accountablilities:
- Plans, supervises, performs, and facilitates financial audits,
operational audits, Sarbanes-Oxley reviews, and special projects,
- Determination of whether financial statements are prepared in
accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and
- An evaluation of an operating unit's system of internal
controls in accordance with Generally Accepted Auditing Standards
(GAAS), HBI Finance policies, HBI Executive policies, HBI IT
policies, Global Code of Conduct and other applicable
- Providing relevant information to Audit Services management in
determining an operating unit's risk profile and in performing
annual risk assessments.
- Ensure that all audit work is thorough, complete, and has been
performed in accordance with GAAP, GAAS, and IIA Standards for the
Professional Practice of Internal Auditing, and HBI Internal Audit
- Acts as a key audit contact for area management on a daily
basis while the audit is in planning, execution, and wrap-up
- Takes responsibility for overall project execution from
planning to wrap up and final report delivery.
- Performs special project work under Manager/Senior Manager's
instruction and supervision.
- Prepares the Executive Summary, Detailed Audit Report, and
other audit deliverables based on the materiality and importance of
audit results and adequacy of audit documentation, subject to Audit
Manager, Senior Manager and/or Vice President Audit Services
- Develop in-depth knowledge of all HBI business lines. Leverages
ideas from other reviews and co-workers to provide value-added
recommendations and best practices to others.
- Demonstrates teamwork by responsively collaborating with the
Project Manager and audit team, sharing information and ideas,
proactively seeking and accepting constructive feedback, and
accepting additional assignments when appropriate.
- Works effectively with multi-cultural and global team
- Identifies self-development needs and seeks opportunities to
work on areas that will further develop skills.
- Demonstrates integrity with interaction among HBI personnel and
peers. Acts as a positive and enthusiastic role model for
- Assists with interviewing, training, and developing internal
- Effectively communicates audit observations and recommendations
via update meetings and closing conferences with appropriate
- Works with IT Audit to develop, document, and/or run Computer
Assisted Automated Techniques (CAATs) as feasible. Previous
experience involved in IT systems operations or IT auditing
extremely desirable.Qualifications Experience/Skills/Education
- Minimum qualifications required to fulfill the responsibilities
in an acceptable manner
- Education/Degrees: Undergraduate degree in Accounting or
Finance; MBA or relevant Masters studies, desirable
- Certificates/ Licenses: CPA or CIA preferred
- Special Skills: Solid understanding of generally accepted
accounting principles and auditing standards; Working knowledge of
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access required
- Years/type of experience: 2-5 years of applicable experience
(financial, accounting, and/or audit
- Required travel: Willingness and capable to travel within the
US and internationally (up to 25%)
- Preferred experience, skills, and education that is not
required for job but beneficial to role (i.e. bi-lingual).
- Foreign language skills such as Spanish, French, German,
Vietnamese or Chinese (Mandarin) very desirable
- Competencies or behavioral characteristics required to
accomplish primary accountabilities of job.
- Building Strategic Working Relationships - Ability to work
effectively in a team oriented environment and independently.
Outgoing with strong interpersonal skills.
- Planning and Organizing - Ability to successfully multi-task
and delegate work when appropriate.
- Communication - Ability to work and communicate effectively
with all levels of management and staff.
- Financial Acumen - Well-developed analytical skills to review
and analyze business operations and to identify accounting and
- Initiating Action - Flexible with good initiative and
creativity. Ambitious, goal-oriented. To qualify, applicants must
be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not
require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of
the application and hiring process should contact us directly:
Keywords: Hanes Brands, Winston-Salem , Senior Finance Auditor, Accounting, Auditing , Winston Salem, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!