Medical Office Assistant (MOA) - MJFM Physician Of
Company: Ashe Memorial Hospital
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: At Ashe Memorial Hospital, we are driven
by our Mission Statement,"To meet the needs of the community by
delivering patient-centered, high quality health care."Do people
describe you as an extrovert? Is your passion to make a positive
difference? How about embracing new ideas? If you answered yes to
these questions, join our team of great collegiate medical
professionals who enjoy challenges while offering a growth
opportunity in rural healthcare in an entry-level professional
position. A sample of what that will entail is provided in the
following:Position Summary: The Medical Assistant is the main link
between the patients and the provider. The MA provides care and
related services to patients in the clinic.Schedule: General
business hours, Monday through Friday (Variation may
apply)Essential Functions of the job:Primary Duties
- Accurately obtain and record vital signs and pertinent
observations of patient visit.
- Prepare patients and be readily available to assist
- Follow physician orders to perform and/or assist phlebotomy,
sterile procedures, diagnostic procedures and other procedures
within the scope of practice.
- Collect and process specimens.
- Facilitate patient flow.
- Prepare and maintain examination and treatment areas.
- Communicate with patient by telephone and confer with
- Educate patient who have special needs.
- Maintains Laboratory records and patient results.
- Monthly checks of medications for expiration dates.
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication and
- Attends staff, educational, safety, and training meetings.
- Abide by policies and procedures of AMH.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Education:
- High School Diploma or EquivalentCertifications:
- Medical Assistant Certification, highly preferred
- Current CPR certificationExperience
- One or more years of medical office experience, requiredWorking
- Ability to work under the pressure of emergency situations
- Ability to work under the pressure of stressful situations
- Visual and hearing ability for patient care activities
- Recognize slight differences in shape, color, and texture for
different types of lab tests.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 40 pounds
- Noise: quiet to light noise
- Good verbal and written communication skills necessary for job
requirementMust be willing to receive all required vaccinations
(i.e., flu shot, etc.). All new employees working must be fully
vaccinated as a condition of employment (unless the new hire has
requested and received an exemption). Candidates for employment
will be notified of this policy requirement prior to the start of
employment. After receiving an offer of employment, new employees
must provide proof of vaccination or request and receive an
exemption before beginning work.
We are looking for a candidate who
works great as a team player with all departments, staff, and
future employees with positive representation of Ashe Memorial
Mount Jefferson Family Medicine. This is your opportunity to make a
large difference in a small community!To apply, please fill out an
application, attach a cover letter, and resume. Include: *Please
include previous employment for the last 5-7 years*Month/year of
employment*Employer address and phone #*Part-time, Full-time or PRN
when employed*Reason for leaving Criminal background check and
pre-employment drug screen required upon conditional job offer.
***Benefits apply the 1st of the month following employment, per
policy.****For full job description and benefits, please contact
Human Resources. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of
the position without compromising patient care.Ashe Memorial
Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, considers
individuals for employment according to their abilities and
performance. Employment decision are made without regard to race,
age, religion, color, sex, national origin, physical or mental
disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic
information, or any other classification protected by law. All
employment requirements mandated by local, state, and federal
regulations will be observed.
Keywords: Ashe Memorial Hospital, Winston-Salem , Medical Office Assistant (MOA) - MJFM Physician Of, Administration, Clerical , Jefferson, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!