Associate University Registrar, University Registrars Office
Company: Wake Forest University
Location: Winston Salem
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Application Instructions:External Applicants: Please upload your
resume on the Apply screen. Your application will automatically
populate your resume details, and you may verify and update data on
the My Information page. Please add your cover letter and any other
documents required for the position to the Resume/CV document
upload section at the bottom of the My Experience application page.
Use the Select Files button to add multiple documents including
your cover letter and supporting documents. The My Experience page
is the only opportunity to add your cover letter and supporting
document attachments. You will not be able to modify your
application after you submit it. Current Employees: Apply from your
existing Workday account. Do not apply from the website. Log in to
Workday. Click on the Career Worklet and select Find Jobs. Locate
the position and click Apply. Update your Education and Job
History.** Cover letter required for all positions and optional for
facilities, campus services, and hospitality positions unless
otherwise specified.Job Description SummaryUnder the general
guidance of - and reporting directly to - the University Registrar
& APAA, the Associate University Registrar will lead office
planning and staff development and assist the University with
academic policy development and implementation. This position will
provide leadership to the staff and function as the general
operations manager and supervisor, ensuring that appropriate
practices and procedures are in place for managing the work. The
Associate University Registrar will work with subject area experts
to assure that technical support and development are being properly
prioritized and applied.
This position is located on Wake Forest's campus and is not
eligible for remote work.Job DescriptionEssential Functions:
- Actively participates on the office leadership team.
- Supervises six staff (6.0 FTE), modeling & creating a culture
of teamwork, accountability, and proactive service.
- Models and develops a collaborative culture within the office,
supporting the highest quality of service and day-to-day
- Ensures staff development, performance management, and clear
accountabilities for direct reports.
- Collaborates with the University Registrar on strategic
direction and oversees/manages the daily system/technical
operations of the Office of the University Registrar.
- Plans and implements practices that continuously improve the
services and work provided by the Office of the University
Registrar. Includes registration, academic record keeping, records
privacy, degree requirement tracking, application of NCAA and
federal regulations, reporting, dashboards, the OUR website, course
section scheduling and classroom assignment, and other essential
academic service functions.
- Interprets and enforces academic rules and regulations within a
faculty governance model.
- Enforces policies and procedures related to the student data
and records residing in the student information system and linked
- Ensures business processes are clearly documented and
- Collaborates with the Senior Associate & Associate Registrars
to create and maintain the perpetual operations calendar.
- Investigates new technologies for possible implementation
within OUR and the University.
- Collaborates with graduate and professional school registrars
to ensure communication and consistent student record policies and
procedures across the University.Other Functions:
- Works collaboratively with the University Registrar on office
and University policy, strategy, priorities, and practices.
- Represents the University Registrar through leadership and
participation on University committees and working groups where
priorities and strategies are discussed and developed.
- Acts on behalf of the University Registrar in his
absence.Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Proven success (at least 3 years) directly supervising,
leading, and developing professional staff.
- At least three years of progressively responsible experience in
student services and/or academic administration, including
professional leadership experiences on a registrar or enrollment
- Effective leadership skills, including proven ability to
organize, motivate, and lead professional colleagues.
- Evidence of success in project implementation with advanced
skills in project prioritization, planning, and resource
- Expert knowledge of student privacy rules and policies
- Proven experience with the evaluation and implementation of new
- Proven skills in creative and analytical problem solving; a
- Proven ability to balance multiple priorities.
- Masters Degree.Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills,
- Doctoral / terminal degree (Ph.D. Ed.D., J.D., etc.).
- Sophisticated understanding of curriculum and academic program
structures in higher education.
- Proven ability to work effectively with faculty leadership on
committees and in support of faculty governance.
- Experience supporting a student information system
- Proven success (at least 5 years) directly supervising,
leading, and developing professional staff.
- Five years of progressively responsible experience in student
services and/or academic administration, including professional
leadership experiences on a registrar or enrollment management
- Prior staff supervisory experience in a University Registrar's
office at the Senior Assistant Registrar or Associate Registrar
- NCAA Coordinator
- Assistant Registrar for Transfer
- Assistant Registrar, Faculty Services
- Assistant Registrar/Reporting Manager
- Assistant Registrar for Academic Records - Curriculum
- Assistant Registrar for Academic Records - Commencement
CoordinationAdditional Job DescriptionWake Forest University
requires proof of full vaccination with an FDA approved or
authorized COVID-19 vaccine for all positions posted on or after
September 13, 2021. Wake Forest University requires that you
provide satisfactory proof of full vaccination status to Human
Resources within three days of your hire date. You must also
maintain full COVID-19 vaccination status, as classified by the
CDC, during your employment at Wake Forest University.Consistent
with federal, state and local law, Wake Forest University will
consider accommodations for disability- and religious-based reasons
unless providing an accommodation would result in an undue hardship
to the University.If you seek an accommodation from the vaccination
requirement for disability- or religious-based reasons, you should
contact Human Resources.New employees who are hired into positions
posted prior to September 13, 2021, offers of employment made to
new employees prior to that date, and employees for positions at
Graylyn Conference Center are generally exempt from the vaccination
requirement unless the employee's position is otherwise subject to
a vaccination requirement due to the essential components of the
position as described in Policy.Time Type RequirementFull timeNote
to Applicant:This position profile identifies the key
responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot
encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required
to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related
instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably
assigned by his/her supervisor.In order to provide a safe and
productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University
conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final
staff candidates being considered for employment.WakeForestseeks to
recruit and retain a diverse workforce while promoting an inclusive
work environment committed to excellence in the spirit of Pro
Humanitate.In adherence with applicable laws and as provided by
University policies, the University prohibits discrimination in its
employment practices on thebasis of race, color, religion, national
origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and
expression, genetic information, disability and veteran
statusandencourages qualified candidates across all group
demographics to apply.
Keywords: Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem , Associate University Registrar, University Registrars Office, Administration, Clerical , Winston Salem, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...