Physician Office Liasion
Company: Surgical Care Affiliates
Location: Winston Salem
Posted on: August 14, 2019
OverviewSCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry,
strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health
systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical
facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities,
including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in
partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more
information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.?Facility
Description:SCA owns and/or provides management services to more
than 200 ambulatory surgery centers, surgical hospitals, and
hospital surgery departments in partnership with approximately
2,800 physicians and in affiliation with more than 100 health
systems. SCA?s clinical systems, service line growth strategies,
benchmarking processes, and efficiency programs create measurable
advantage for surgical facilities ? clinically, operationally, and
financially.Accountabilities / ResponsibilitiesThis position serves
as the physician office liaison and business office clerk of the
center. Responsibilities are to include (but not limited to):?
Medical Records, Credentialing, Admissions/Intake, Accounts
Payable, Billing, Collections, Insurance Verification, Transaction,
Posting, Clinical Logs and other duties as assigned.?
Responsibility to coordinate scheduling for surgical cases
- Leading a team of clinical and business professionals to
achieve outstanding clinical results, physician, patient and
teammate satisfaction with the center?s services and financial
- Working in collaboration with the Medical Director and surgeon
partners to develop and maintain effective strategic, programmatic,
and marketing plans to grow and maximize center outcomes.
- Managing the center?s financial results, including a
multi-million-dollar P&L, financial controls, reporting and
- Ensuring quality outcomes, labor efficiencies, supply chain
management, volume growth, revenue cycle optimization and
- Overseeing the center?s physical assets, including the building
and equipment, in compliance with local, state and federal
regulations.Key Responsibilities:?The Administrator serves as the
CEO of the center. As such, he or she will have full accountability
for clinical quality, business and strategic planning, financial
results, personnel recruitment, development and oversight,
operational effectiveness, facility management and regulatory
compliance.?Skills and Abilities:
- Possess basic knowledge of medical terminology, health
insurance billing, multiple tasking capability
- Possess accurate judgment, especially handling insurance claims
and dealing with patient accounts.
- Versatile and willing to coordinate with and participate in,
when necessary, all other aspects of the Business Office.
- Has ability to communicate effectively with patient, physicians
and other staff members.
- Is courteous, understanding and sympathetic toward patients,
physicians and others.
- Maintains regular attendance, set priorities, and work
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to interact in a positive manner and to communicate
well with patients, families, co-workers, supervisor and other
- Ability to enter data into computer, files large amounts of
paper, and use office equipment.
- Ability to use discretion in dealing with the public.Clinical
- Communicates patient information to assure confidentiality and
continuity of care
- Documents all patient information according to established
standards of care, policies and procedures
- Discusses patient information with other health team members in
an appropriate environment
- Interacts with all patients, families, visitors and fellow
employees in a mature, responsible manner to ensure a positive and
professional facility environment
- Displays a caring and responsive attitude and conducts all
activities respecting patient, family and employee rights and
- Maintains confidentiality of all facility and patient
information as required by facility policiesQualifications
- High School Diploma with a minimum of 3 years of experience in
healthcare, preferably in outpatient surgery setting. Proficient
with medical terminology.
- Prior experience scheduling surgical cases.
- Credentialing, accreditation, or similar required communication
skills, both written and verbal, and proven ability to interact
well with physicians, surgeons and teammates is required.
- The ability to multitask, prioritize, function efficiently and
responsibly in emergency situations is required.Please send resumes
Keywords: Surgical Care Affiliates, Winston-Salem , Physician Office Liasion, Administration, Clerical , Winston Salem, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!