Teacher, 2nd Grade 2021/2022
Company: Queen Creek Unified School District
Posted on: April 8, 2021
JOB GOALS: To lead students toward the fulfillment of their
potential by translating the district curriculum goals and
objectives into learning experiences for each individual student in
the district. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Valid State of Arizona Teaching Certification.
- Meets all certification requirements for the grade level or
subject area including proper teaching area endorsements.
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsibilities shall include, but
not be limited to, the following:
- Supports the Strategic Plan of Queen Creek Unified School
- Plans and implements a program of study that, as much as
possible, meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of
students within the district curriculum.
- Uses effective teaching techniques and materials to implement
established curriculum goals and objectives.
- Creates a weekly written lesson plan describing daily learning
experiences - this weekly lesson plan is to be correlated with the
aims and/or objectives in the curriculum guide and/or course
- Monitors and assesses student progress in order to provide
feedback on a regular basis to students and their parents.
- Diagnoses, instructs and evaluates specific student needs and
seeks assistance of district specialists as required.
- Communicates aims and/or objectives to students in a
well-planned, organized manner using clear and precise
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning
and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and
rules governing the development of proper student behavior.
- Develops and implements reasonable classroom rules of behavior
and procedure in a fair and just manner.
- Creates educational experiences that provide each student the
opportunity to develop his/her potential in the areas of
person-social adjustment, decision making, positive self-image and
other life skills.
- Promotes and follows the adopted school district philosophy,
policies, regulations and administrative procedures.
- Communicates concerns and ideas with colleagues, students,
parents and community in a positive, professional and ethical
- Assumes legal responsibility for the supervision of students on
school property or in attendance at school sponsored
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Assumes individual responsibilities which may be assigned by
the principal/supervisor and which may relate to committee work,
student activities, student supervision or other planning and
- Maintains punctual and regular attendance.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform duties under stress while
interacting with students, parents, peers, and the general
- Has ability to sit, stand, walk, stoop, and kneel for long
periods of time.
- Has the ability to exert up to 20 lbs. of force to lift and/or
move objects. PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to
stand, sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to
use hands and arms, stand, bend or stoop. The employee is
frequently required to move about the campuses. The employee must
regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift
and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision,
peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus. WORK
ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here
are representative of those an employee encounters while performing
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is
usually moderate. TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: 194 Days COMPENSATION: Per
District Certified Salary Schedule BENEFITS: As per District policy
REPORTS TO: Principal EVALUATION: Per District Policy HOURS: 40
hours per week and may require longer hoursCLASSIFICATION: Exempt
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice. Notice of NondiscriminationQueen Creek Unified
School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, national origin, sex, disability, age or sexual
orientation in admission and access to its programs, services,
activities, or in any aspect of their operations and provides equal
access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Queen
Creek Unified School District also does not discriminate in its
hiring or employment practices. The following employees have been
designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination
policies: Title IX Coordinator, Assistant Superintendent of Support
Services, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142,
Phone and Compliance Officer for Section 504/ADA, Director of
Special Education, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ
85142, Phone . El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek no
discrimina en base a su raza, color, religi--n, origen nacional,
sexo, discapacidad, edad, o la orientaci--n sexual para la
admisi--n y su acceso a sus programas, servicios, actividades, o en
cualquier aspecto de sus operaciones y proporciona un acceso
igualitario a los Boys Scouts y otro grupos de j--venes designados.
El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek tampoco discrimina en
sus pr--cticas de empleo y contrataci--n. Los siguientes empleados
han sido designados para manejar las preguntas en cuanto a las
p--lizas de no discriminaci--n: Funcionario de Cumplimiento de
T--tulo IX, Asistente del Superintendente de Servicios Auxiliares,
20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone and
Funcionario de Cumplimiento para la Secci--n 504/ADA, Director de
Educaci--n Especial, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ
85142, Phone .
Keywords: Queen Creek Unified School District, Winston-Salem , Teacher, 2nd Grade 2021/2022, Education / Teaching , Lexington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!