Senior Manufacturing Engineer II_ Composites
Company: General Dynamics Mission Systems, Inc
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Basic Qualifications :Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing or
Industrial Engineering, or a related specialized area or field is
required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 8 years of
relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years
of relevant experience.
Candidates must be able to obtain a U.S. Department of Defense
SECRET security clearance within a reasonable amount of time from
date of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S.
Government security investigation and must meet eligibility
requirements for access to classified information. Due to the
nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is
Successful completion of a background check and drug screen is
required.Responsibilities for this Position:General Dynamics
Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Senior Manufacturing
Engineer II_ Composites in the Composite Solutions business unit to
support the tactical shelters product line. This position provides
an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that
supports some of our nation's core defense/intelligence services
and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work
closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow
them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:The position is responsible for
providing engineering support to all aspects of the tactical
shelters product line from design and development through start-up,
production, integration and test.
- Provides engineering support to manufacturing/operations in the
manufacture of tactical shelters.
- Develops manufacturing BOMs, work flow routers, work
instructions for new designs and build to print projects.
- Develops tooling approaches and leads tool design and
fabrication efforts for new product builds.
- Analyzes and develops processes for manufacturing tolerance
- Embraces continuous improvement in developing, documenting,
evaluating and implementing safety, environmental and cost
- Creates technical training documentation and conducts training
with manufacturing operators.
- Provides technical disposition and root cause and corrective
action responses to nonconforming hardware.
- Supports design and development of military tactical shelters
covering such areas as detail fabrication, adhesive bonded panels,
mechanical assembly and basic lighting and power systems.
- Researches and analyzes data, such as customer design
proposals, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of
design or application.
- Supports the development of technical data packages by
coordinating with CAD designers to address customer requirements,
producibility, and unit production cost.
- Develops presentations and conducts design reviews with both
internal and external customers.
- Coordinates development of quality requirements, methods and
tools as required.
- Contributes to the successful completion of major programs and
- Leads small to medium technical tasks, teams and projects.
- Leads small technical proposals and provides significant
contributions to larger sized proposals including technical
writing, BOM development and material, labor, tooling and NRE
- Uses creative and innovative approaches along with advanced
decision-making skills to meet program and project cost and
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication
- Presents a professional appearance and effective communication
skills while working with various departments across the company,
senior managers within and outside of Engineering and with external
customers (DOD and prime contractors) and subcontractors to address
all technical requirements.
- Mentors and may supervise or manage lower labor grades in
mechanical principles and project performance.
- Domestic and foreign travel may be required.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Shows initiative on assignments, exercises independent judgment
and professionally executes projects with little direction.
- Grasps and applies new information quickly.
- Has wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and
company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and
- Has mechanical aptitude and strong analytical ability to
resolve technical issues, develop new products and develop creative
and innovative ideas and solutions.
- Highly skilled in written and verbal communication,
demonstrating strong proficiency in writing technical papers,
proposals and work instructions.
- Demonstrates history of leading an engineering project and
- Strong knowledge with technical standards,
manufacturing/fabrication methods, government/industry
- Is a subject matter expert (SME) in at least one technical
discipline/field and possesses working knowledge in multiple
- Capability with solid modeling CAD tools to create mechanical
models and accompanying drawings a plus.
Company Overview:General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers
a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and
services that enable customers to successfully execute missions
across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top
professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the
bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given
the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty,
alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits
and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared
sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment
where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and
what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented
Keywords: General Dynamics Mission Systems, Inc, Winston-Salem , Senior Manufacturing Engineer II_ Composites, Engineering , Marion, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!