Director of Data Analytics
Company: Truliant Federal Credit Union
Location: Winston Salem
Posted on: December 2, 2019
Purpose of the JobThe Director, Data Analytics will lead
implementation of an enterprise data analytics and warehouse
platform to serve Truliant Federal Credit Union data strategy, data
governance and business intelligence needs. The Director is
responsible for implementing data best practices to deliver a
reliable, scalable and high performance data warehouse and
analytics platform. This position will manage a technical team of
ETL developers, data analysts, and report/visualization developers
to ensure the TFCU data strategy is executed efficiently and
reliably. This position will assume ownership of all data warehouse
integration processes and centralized enterprise analytics to
empower the CU business areas with timely and actionable
information. This role will develop and oversee the CU data
governance and data stewardship practices. The director will also
provide project planning and project management services to ensure
the timely delivery of data warehouse initiatives. Essential
Functions and Responsibilities
- Develops and maintains data governance framework and data
strategy processes for TFCU.
- Leads the entire BI lifecycle from source data analysis, ETL
development, testing, through to analysis and report development in
addition to data analytics.
- Leads the deployment and maintenance of all data warehouse ETL
components from source system analysis through implementation to
ensure alignment with TFCU data governance practices.
- Leads the design, development and testing of BI solutions
including analytics, dashboards and reports.
- Leads database administration activities to deploy, tune and
maintain the relational database structures to support the data
warehouse platform and all other Credit Union databases.
- Develops and maintains required data warehouse and data
analytics documentation to include infrastructure design, source
target mapping, data dictionaries, and data models.
- Collaborates with third-party vendor, Infrastructure
Engineering, and extended teams to deliver a reliable, scalable and
high performance data warehouse platform.
- Identifies and leverages opportunities to continually improve
the quality of the data warehouse platform, processes and
- Collaborates with business stakeholders to design, develop and
deliver new data and reporting, visualization and analytics
- Provides project management services while ensuring the
required project artifacts are produced and deliverable dates stay
on track and projects stay on budget.
- Partners with Information Security to ensure the integrity and
security of the data warehouse platform.
- Manages data and BI platform release process to ensure
stability and performance of the platform in accordance with TFCU
- Anticipates and manages data technology evolution by
researching next generation data technologies.
- Acts as liaison between external vendors and the Credit
- Devises talent strategy for the team - identifies resource
gaps, develops gap resolution plan and manages performance.
- Establishes departmental financial budget and manage to budget.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with other tasks and projects as assigned. Knowledge,
Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills required (both written and
verbal) with ability to conduct technical discussions with ETL
developers, report developers and database administrators
- Must have experience with end to end data warehouse design
through implementation delivery lifecycle
- Must have deep knowledge with data transformation, ETL
methodologies and data warehouse architectures
- Must possess expert knowledge of SQL
- Experience with Tableau or similar visualization tool
- Must have demonstrated ability to develop report and
- Must possess expert understanding of data warehouse
architectures to include STG, ODS, EDW
- Must be effective leader of technology resources
- Must have ability to communicate with key business stakeholders
to deliver expected analytics, dashboards and reports
- Must possess expert analytical skills to analyze raw data with
the ability to summarize findings, and make meaningful
- Must be resourceful and well organized, with strong attention
- Good reasoning abilities and sound judgment required
- Must be flexible and able to shift resources and priorities as
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Must be able to work in a general office environment
- Must have expert PC skills, with proficiency of MS Excel, Word,
and PowerPoint required
- Must be able to work independently and complete all assignments
with minimal supervision
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
- Should possess a strong commitment to providing excellent
service to Truliant's member-owners Physical Requirements
- Occasional standing, walking, bending, and stooping
- Must be able to sit at a desk for long periods of time and use
- Must be able to moderately lift or move up to 5 pounds and
occasionally lift or move up to 10 pounds Education and Background
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in computer science or
technology; MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of technology experience required
- Minimum of 5 years management experience required
- Minimum of 6 years of progressive experience leading the
execution of data warehouse and analytics platforms required
- Minimum of 10 years of experience with IT change and release
management processes required
- Minimum of 10 years of experience with the SDLC required
- Minimum of 6 years of experience with Extract, Transform and
Load (ETL) required
- Demonstrated project management skills and at least five years
of project management experience
Keywords: Truliant Federal Credit Union, Winston-Salem , Director of Data Analytics, Executive , Winston Salem, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!