Manager Customer Development
Company: Hanes Brands
Location: Winston Salem
Posted on: February 15, 2020
This position is responsible for supporting the director of
sales and managing (owning) aggressive customer growth
opportunities within the Department Store/Mid-Tier channel of
trade. This individual will be responsible for developing,
executing and driving well thought-out sales and marketing
strategies that delivers accelerated sales and profit growth.
Individual must be a self-starter, analytical, a collaborator, a
good communicator and have the leadership abilities.
- Works with the director of sales to initiate, develop and
execute strong sales and marketing strategies by product and
category that increases Champion's assortment, sales and
- Ability to drive strong brand positioning thru product
distribution and differentiation strategy to ensure the right
product at the right time and in the right stores.
- Must be a good collaborator promoting a team atmosphere with
the ability to work with retail merchandising and retail planning
to achieve corporate goals.
- Owns the Champion lead role in customer management in specified
accounts within Sports Specialty.
- Individual needs to have an entrepreneurial spirit with the
ability to be creative, to be a problem solver and think outside of
- Exhibits keen understanding of the marketing and sales process
with the ability to develop, implement and communicate well thought
out strategies to improve profitably and drive HbI businesses.
- Accountability for continuous and comprehensive sales action
plans to achieve goals - display ability to execute short term and
long-term opportunities in managing results.
- Responsible for product sell-in, assortment management, item
set-up, forecasting and sales to meet/exceed Hbi financial
- Must quickly develop an understanding of account processes,
strategies and financial metrics to communicate and collaborate
with Hanesbrands business partners to drive incremental
- Conduct business reviews with cross-functional Hanesbrands
teams, including but not limited to, marketing, forecasting,
planning, customer service, and design/merchandising.
- Development and management of the trade and budget plans to
effectively delivery growth and profit. Includes over-sight of
markdown, advertising, and marketing budgets specific to business
- Develop monthly, quarterly and annual financial and sales plans
with the ability to track and report out accordingly.
- Lead quarterly product reviews, assortment plans and account
sell in meetings.
- The job requirements needed to effectively execute the
responsibilities of this role include:
- High-level market analysis/competitive insight;
- High-level account sales analysis;
- Strong product knowledge including account level productivity
- Product selling strategy/formulation;
- Promotion selling strategy / formulation
- Proficient Excel and Power Point Skills
- Bachelor's degree; MBA preferred.
- In lieu of degree, minimum of 7 years relevant experience in
sales, retail buying, or marketing experience in the apparel
industry and/or CPG experience
- Excellent negotiation and problem solving skills required.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written), including
excellent presentation skills.
- Financial Acumen; must fully understand retail scorecard
drivers, and be able to manage detailed analytics
- Possess strong tactical skills; able to manage detailed
execution plans, both internally and externally
- Proven ability to build strong business relationships.
- Travel required. To qualify, applicants must be legally
authorized to work in the United States and should not require now,
or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status EOE/AA:
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled Only applicants requiring
reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring
process should contact us directly: Telephone: Email:
Keywords: Hanes Brands, Winston-Salem , Manager Customer Development, Executive , Winston Salem, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!