RN Manager Behavioral Health
Company: Life Center of Galax
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*RN Leadership - Behavioral Health - $10,000 SIGN ON BONUS!*
Life Center of Galax is Virginia's leading residential, outpatient
and detox rehab center. Life Center of Galax has been providing
high quality and personalized treatment for over 40 years.
Superseding all standards of care and considering the needs of
those receiving our services, the programs we offer are designed to
improve patients' lives by effectively treating any existing
substance abuse and co-occurring mental health concerns. Assist the
DON/CNO with directing, planning, coordinating, monitoring and
supervising the effective and efficient use of the operations of
nursing for assigned units. Oversees the delivery of behavioral
health/nursing services in a positive, empathetic, and professional
attitude toward customers at all times. Recognize that patient
safety is a top priority. *ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: ** Collaborate with
interdisciplinary treatment teams, other departments and
administration to ensure that all residents' physical,
biopsychosocial, age, developmental and cultural needs are met and
when they are not met, acknowledge and work to resolve customer
* Anticipate and effectively manage changes in census and acuity
and allocates nursing resources based on measurement of patient
* Role models expectations related to customer service and
demonstrates a sense of urgency related to the importance of
* Accountable for the standard of care at the facility, providing
consultations and expertise in the delivery of care to patient.
* Serve as a clinical and service resource to nursing staff and
other staff as assigned.
* Manage the activities of staff, coordinating safe and appropriate
care between departments and disciplines.
* Manage and evaluate work activities of nursing, technical,
clerical, service or maintenance staff for the unit, work group and
other facility staff as directed.
* Analyze information/situation to choose the best solution(s) to
* Identify the educational needs of others and develop educational
or training programs.
* Assist with the development and implementation of organizational
policies and procedures for the facility.
* Prepare reports to inform management of the status and
implementation of programs, services and quality initiatives of the
* Perform administrative or managerial functions such as planning
budgets and authorizing expenditures. *BENEFITS* In addition to
working for a premier treatment center with competitive pay, our
employees enjoy these other great benefits: * Three medical plan
levels, dental and vision insurance
* HSA with Company contribution
* FSA, Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
* Basic Life/AD&D and Supplemental Life Insurance
* Short Term and Long Term Insurance
* 401k with Company match
* EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
* Employee Discount Program
* Generous PTO, Sick Time, paid holidays and professional
*QUALIFICATIONS**EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/SKILL REQUIREMENTS: **
Graduation from an accredited school of nursing required.
* Four or more years of nursing experience required.
* One or more years' experience in behavioral health preferred.
* One or more years' leadership or management experience required.
*LICENSES/DESIGNATIONS/CERTIFICATIONS: ** Current RN license as
required by state.
* CPR and de-escalation/restraint certification required (training
available upon hire and offered by facility).
* First aid may be required based on state or facility 2 years:
Psychiatric nursing experience 1 year: Inpatient behavioral
health-care facility 1 year: Management, charge and/or
administrative experience Job Type: Full-time Benefits:
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Disability insurance
* Flexible schedule
* Flexible spending account
* Free parking
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
* Signing bonus Ability to commute/relocate:
* Galax, VA 24333: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before
starting work (Preferred) Experience:
* Nursing: 1 year (Required) Work Location: One location
Keywords: Life Center of Galax, Winston-Salem , RN Manager Behavioral Health, Executive , Galax, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!