Global Product Manager - Hybrid Electric Mobility Systems
Company: TE Connectivity
Location: Winston Salem
Posted on: December 5, 2018
When every connection counts, TE's Industrial & Commercial Transportation (ICT) business unit delivers reliable connectivity products designed to withstand harsh environmental conditions for on and off-highway vehicles and recreational transportation. As a world leader in rough and rugged connectivity, depend on TE's ICT to provide innovative solutions for field applications where failure is not an option. Some of our key technologies include terminals and connectors, custom cable assemblies, relays and switching modules, inductive systems, and wire and cable.
TE Connectivity's Product Management Teams manage all aspects of a product, from driving new product development to manufacturing to marketing. They are responsible for overall product strategy, business leadership and capacity plans in order to meet sales and profit targets.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
Market Sensing & Strategy Development
- Research market trends, demand drivers, customer needs, industry trends, and competitive landscape for Hybrid Electric Mobility Systems, HEMS applications, and Advanced High Power terminal and connector products from an adjacent segment perspective for Industrial Commercial Transportation (ICT) market.
- Conduct competitive analysis and benchmarking
- Drive go-to-market strategy, support and work with marketing to develop campaigns inclusive of channel strategy and partnerships
- Work with R&D, sales and operations teams in the development of new products to meet current and future customer requirements.
- Actively manage the product lifecycle generating product trend analysis, disseminate to regional PM(s)
Develop Business Plan
- Work cross functionally to drive and achieve sales, technology and operations strategies and goals, in line with financial goals.
- Develop pricing policy / strategy and deploy with regional PM(s)
- Assume lead role in development of the annual operating plan (Sales and gross or standard margin)
- Strong business acumen skills to drive business results.
Execution - New Product Development & Launch
- Prepare financial analysis in support of new product launch projects.
- Think Globally, act Regionally to drive new business growth in conjunction with regional Product Managers
- Create new product introduction (NPI) packages - Provide product information and samples to customers and sales team in support of new product launches
- Create TE Project stage gate projects and RTS requests for new product development activity, function as multi-functional leader
- Gather product specification and product attribute information for the development of marketing collateral, including e-catalog
- Provide product demand forecast inputs to the Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) process
Execution - Post Launch Product Management
- Perform pricing analysis in preparation of catalog price changes or in response to special agreement pricing requests, structure innovative pricing (rebates, etc.) to maximize financial metrics.
- Develop the sales forecast for the S&OP plan
- Provide product information to customers, the sales team, customer service, field application engineering, etc.
- Perform product cost and gross margin analysis
- Responding to requests for proposals
- Analyze excess and obsolete inventory
- Assist in championing the resolution of product issues, e.g. delivery, quality, inventory
- Respond to requests for samples
- Issue product change notices and material change orders
- Issue RTS notices for new stock requests at ICT LADD and beyond.
- Coordinate and implement product and applications training
- 10+ years of experience in sales, finance, engineering, product management or applications engineering
- Relevant hybrid electric product and commercial vehicle industry experience desired
- 4-year BS degree required; Mechanical, Electrical & Electronics Engineering preferred
- Advanced degree (MBA) required, with strong commercial product portfolio experience preferred
- Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
Keywords: TE Connectivity, Winston-Salem , Global Product Manager - Hybrid Electric Mobility Systems, Executive , Winston Salem, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!