Registered Nurse - Behavioral Health Nights
Company: Novant Health
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Thomasville Medical Center - BH RN
Are you seeking a career that will challenge you to never stop
short of remarkable? Do you have a passion for providing
outstanding patient care in an acute care setting? Come join a
remarkable team where quality care meets quality service, in every
dimension, every time. #JoinTeamAubergine
Novant Health Thomasville Medical Center is seeking Behavioral
Health Registered Nurse to serve as leaders of the healthcare team
by establishing an authentic, personalized relationship with the
patient and their support system. Let Novant Health be the
destination for your professional growth.
Novant Health is an integrated system of physician practices,
hospitals, outpatient centers, and more - each element committed to
delivering a remarkable healthcare experience for patients and
their families. With world-class technology, personal connections,
and care that's easier to access and understand, Novant Health is
with patients every step of the way on their journey to health and
About Novant Health Thomasville Medical Center:
- 146 bed, non-profit community medical center located in
- Offers a full range of services, including medical, surgical,
rehabilitative, & behavioral health
- Chest Pain Center accreditation, Sleep Center certification, &
Stroke Care certification
Nursing at Novant Health Thomasville Medical Center:
- Shared governance
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Salaries commensurate upon experience
- Relocation assistance available for qualifying applicants
- Recognized as a leader in improving the quality of healthcare
by many national independent organizations
- Excellent team member engagement and patient satisfaction
Benefits of work at Novant Health:
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- 403b and matching program
- Potential sign on bonus available for qualified applicants
- Leadership development programs, tuition reimbursements, &
financial assistance with certifications
- Recognized as one of the 50 best places for women and managers
of diverse backgrounds to work
To learn more about Novant Health as an organization, its culture,
Team Members and the communities we serve, visit .
Hear what our nurses have to say about our culture!
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and
inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team
member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing
remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities.
Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to
our exciting career opportunities.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree Preferred Graduate of an
accredited school of nursing required. If your RN nursing license
has been inactive, retired or lapsed for five years or more and you
have not been licensed in another state during the last five years,
successful completion of a Board approved refresher course is
required prior to reactivating or reinstating your license. In
order to be considered for current licensure status, you must apply
for reinstatement within one year of completing the refresher
- Experience: One year relevant experience Preferred .
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Current RN licensure in
appropriate state Required CPI certification within three months of
hire. Required PALS for adolescent unit Preferred .
- Additional Skills Required: Ability to perform all CPI physical
holds. Ability to care for Behavioral Health age specific patients
within facility. Ability to establish and maintain control of
violent patients, defend self and others against violent assaults,
ability to react appropriately in psychiatric crises, ability use
violent and non-violent restraints per policy and procedure.
Ability to comprehend policies and procedures and collaborate with
an interdisciplinary team. Ability to intervene in a therapeutic
manner for behavior patterns demonstrated by patients with a mental
illness, personality disorder, substance abuse or developmental
disabilities. Knowledge of psychiatric medications, side effects
and treatment interventions, knowledge of psychiatric diagnosis,
mental health concepts, and evidence based therapeutic
interventions and treatments.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to
deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension,
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team
work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging
diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a
safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No
Harm". Associated topics: asn, care, ccu, intensive, maternal, mhb,
neonatal, nurse clinical, psychiatric, transitional
Keywords: Novant Health, Winston-Salem , Registered Nurse - Behavioral Health Nights, Healthcare , Thomasville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!