Medical Social Worker - PRN
Location: Pilot Mountain
Posted on: January 13, 2022
DescriptionJoin one of the first companies in the country to
commit to a vaccinated workplace. Are you vaccinated against
COVID-19? Come to PruittHealth, where your health and safety are
top priority. - -Position: -Licensed Medical -Social Worker, Home
Health (LMSW) -- PRN -Location: -Pilot Mountain, NC -At
PruittHealth Home Health, we're committed to a lot of things. -But
we're especially committed to caring for our patients and
residents, as well as providing our employees with a rewarding
career as a member of our PruittHealth family.That's why we attract
employees who are passionate about providing the highest quality
level of care possible for our patients. We also attract people who
are looking for a home, rather than just a job - where being part
of a family at work is as important as the type of work they are
doing. As a member of our team, you will also have access a
progressive benefits program that reflects our commitment to caring
for our 16,000 partners. -JOB PURPOSE: - -Provide medical social
services to PruittHealth Home Health patients and their families in
their place of residence. -KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: -
- Provide care to patients within the accepted standards of
practice for industry and profession. -
- Complete psychosocial history and assessment to evaluate social
service needs of patients.
- Develop an initial plan of care in consultation with the RN
Care Manager, Clinical Manager, and other members of the
- Locate and obtain resources necessary to the financial, social,
medical and emotional well-being of the patient.
- Provide counseling to patient/caregivers to assist in coping
with significant changes in the patient's condition.
- Participate in the agency Performance Improvement Program.
- Participate in staff development programs and team
- Maintain clinical record to meet federal, state, and agency
regulations and guidelines.
- Inform the physician, RN Care Manager, Clinical Manager, and
other members of the Interdisciplinary team of current patient
condition, outcomes, response to counseling and/or treatment, and
changes in the patient's condition or needs.
- Complete and submit required documentation within guidelines
established by agency.
- Document all services and interactions in the medical
- Assist the patient and family in developing long term planning
related to declining independence and/or health status.
- Assist the patient and family in developing an appropriate
discharge plan. - -QualificationsMINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- Master's degree in social work from an accredited school of
social work. -MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- One (1) year of experience in medical social work.MINIMUM
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW: - - -
- For NC and SC agencies, the social worker must be licensed by
the state. -
- Valid driver's license and automobile liability insurance. -
- Current CPR certification.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Communicate well with patients/clients, fellow partners,
visitors and family members. Provide a warm and friendly greeting,
and an approachable attitude. Responds to expressed concerns with a
helpful, caring demeanor. Answer questions in a professional
- Keep supervisor informed of daily activities, and issues.
- Participate in center/agency surveys (Licensure / JCAHO) and
any subsequently required reports.
- Attend and participate in continuing educational programs to
keep abreast of changes in the field. -Maintain current
license/certification, as required.
- Attend and participate in mandatory in-services.
- Honors patients/residents' rights to fair and equitable
treatment, self-determination, individuality, privacy, property and
civil rights, including the right to wage complaints.
- Demonstrate honesty and integrity at all times. -
- Comply with corporate compliance program.
- Report job-related functions/tasks that involve occupational
- Follow established safety regulations, to include fire
protection and prevention, smoking regulations, infection control,
- Follow established safety procedures when performing tasks
and/or working with equipment.
- Perform other related duties as necessary and as directed by
- Follow all company policies and procedures, and state and
federal laws and regulations. Report violations to the appropriate
- Maintain confidentiality of company and patient information. -
-PruittHealth is an innovative, family-owned organization. We're
committed to providing exceptional care across a wide spectrum of
services, including skilled nursing care, assisted and independent
living, home health care, hospice care, rehabilitation, pharmacy
and infusion services, and more. - - -As an Equal Employment
Opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive
consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability, or veteran status. - - -#VW1 - -Job:
Social ServicesPrimary Location: North Carolina-Pilot
MountainSchedule: PRNShift: 1st ShiftJob Posting: Sep 24, 2021,
Keywords: PruittHealth, Winston-Salem , Medical Social Worker - PRN, Healthcare , Pilot Mountain, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!