Medical Social Worker - PRN
Location: Pilot Mountain
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Medical Social Worker - PRN - 2111334Description
Join one of the first companies in the country to commit to a
vaccinated workplace. Are you vaccinated against COVID-19? Come to
PruittHealth, where your health and safety are top priority.
Position: Licensed Medical Social Worker, Home Health (LMSW) -
Location: Pilot Mountain, NC
At PruittHealth Home Health, we're committed to a lot of things.
But we're especially committed to caring for our patients and
residents, as well as providing our employees with a rewarding
career as a member of our PruittHealth family.
That's why we attract employees who are passionate about providing
the highest quality level of care possible for our patients. We
also attract people who are looking for a home, rather than just a
job - where being part of a family at work is as important as the
type of work they are doing. As a member of our team, you will also
have access a progressive benefits program that reflects our
commitment to caring for our 16,000 partners.
Provide medical social services to PruittHealth Home Health
patients and their families in their place of residence.
- Provide care to patients within the accepted standards of
practice for industry and profession.
- Complete psychosocial history and assessment to evaluate social
service needs of patients.
- Develop an initial plan of care in consultation with the RN
Care Manager, Clinical Manager, and other members of the
- Locate and obtain resources necessary to the financial, social,
medical and emotional well-being of the patient.
- Provide counseling to patient/caregivers to assist in coping
with significant changes in the patient's condition.
- Participate in the agency Performance Improvement Program.
- Participate in staff development programs and team
- Maintain clinical record to meet federal, state, and agency
regulations and guidelines.
- Inform the physician, RN Care Manager, Clinical Manager, and
other members of the Interdisciplinary team of current patient
condition, outcomes, response to counseling and/or treatment, and
changes in the patient's condition or needs.
- Complete and submit required documentation within guidelines
established by agency.
- Document all services and interactions in the medical
- Assist the patient and family in developing long term planning
related to declining independence and/or health status.
- Assist the patient and family in developing an appropriate
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- Master's degree in social work from an accredited school of
social work.MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- One (1) year of experience in medical social work.MINIMUM
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
- For NC and SC agencies, the social worker must be licensed by
- Valid driver's license and automobile liability insurance.
- Current CPR certification.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Communicate well with patients/clients, fellow partners,
visitors and family members. Provide a warm and friendly greeting,
and an approachable attitude. Responds to expressed concerns with a
helpful, caring demeanor. Answer questions in a professional
- Keep supervisor informed of daily activities, and issues.
- Participate in center/agency surveys (Licensure / JCAHO) and
any subsequently required reports.
- Attend and participate in continuing educational programs to
keep abreast of changes in the field. Maintain current
license/certification, as required.
- Attend and participate in mandatory in-services.
- Honors patients/residents' rights to fair and equitable
treatment, self-determination, individuality, privacy, property and
civil rights, including the right to wage complaints.
- Demonstrate honesty and integrity at all times.
- Comply with corporate compliance program.
- Report job-related functions/tasks that involve occupational
- Follow established safety regulations, to include fire
protection and prevention, smoking regulations, infection control,
- Follow established safety procedures when performing tasks
and/or working with equipment.
- Perform other related duties as necessary and as directed by
- Follow all company policies and procedures, and state and
federal laws and regulations. Report violations to the appropriate
- Maintain confidentiality of company and patient
PruittHealth is an innovative, family-owned organization. We're
committed to providing exceptional care across a wide spectrum of
services, including skilled nursing care, assisted and independent
living, home health care, hospice care, rehabilitation, pharmacy
and infusion services, and more.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, all qualified
applicants will receive consideration without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran
Job: Social ServicesPrimary Location: North Carolina-Pilot
MountainSchedule: PRN:Shift:1st ShiftJob Posting: Sep 24, 2021,
7:09:02 AMWork Locations: PH @ Home - Pilot Mountain 502 South Key
Street Suite 102 Pilot Mountain 27041
Keywords: Pruitthealth, Winston-Salem , Medical Social Worker - PRN, Healthcare , Pilot Mountain, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!