Medical Office Assistant (MOA Floater PRN) - Physi
Company: Ashe Memorial Hospital
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: At Ashe Memorial Hospital, we are driven
by our Mission Statement,"To meet the needs of the community by
delivering patient-centered, high quality health care."The Medical
Office Assistant is the main link between the patients and the
provider. The MOA provides care and related services to patients in
the clinic.Must be willing to receive all required vaccinations i.e
flu shot etc. Shift: Mon - Fri 8:45 am - 5:15 pm (Changes as
- Accurately obtain and record vital signs and pertinent
observations of patient visit.
- Prepare patients and be readily available to assist
- Follow physician orders to perform and/or assist phlebotomy,
sterile procedures, diagnostic procedures and other procedures
within the scope of practice.
- Collect and process specimens.
- Facilitate patient flow.
- Prepare and maintain examination and treatment areas.
- Communicate with patient by telephone and confer with
- Educate patient who have special needs.
- Maintains Laboratory records and patient results.
- Monthly checks of medications for expiration dates.
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication and
- Attends staff, educational, safety, and training meetings.
- Abide by policies and procedures of AMH.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Education:
- Successful completion of Medical Office Assistant
- Current CPR Working Conditions
- Ability to work under the pressure of emergency
- Ability to work under the pressure of stressful situations
- Ability to lift a minimum of 40 pounds
- Visual and hearing ability for patient care activities
- Recognize slight differences in shape, color, and texture for
different types of lab tests.
- General indoor conditions
- Noise: quiet to light noise
- Good verbal and written communication skills necessary for job
- To apply, please fill out an application, attach a cover
letter, and resume. Include gaps in employment and reasons for
Criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen required
upon conditional job offer.Ashe Memorial Hospital is an equal
opportunity employer and, as such, considers individuals for
employment according to their abilities and performance. Employment
decision are made without regard to race, age, religion, color,
sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, marital or
veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any
other classification protected by law. All employment requirements
mandated by local, state, and federal regulations will be
Keywords: Ashe Memorial Hospital, Winston-Salem , Medical Office Assistant (MOA Floater PRN) - Physi, Healthcare , Jefferson, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!