Company: Piedmont Dental Associates
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Promotes dental health by completing dental prophylaxis; providing
oral cancer screening and radiographic studies; charting conditions
of decay and disease; performing procedures in compliance with the
dental practice act.
* Prepares treatment room for patient by adhering to prescribed
procedures and protocols.
* Prepares patient for dental hygiene treatment by welcoming,
soothing, seating, and draping patient.
* Provides information to patients and employees by answering
questions and requests.
* Maintains instrumentation for dental hygiene treatment by
sharpening, sterilizing, and selecting instruments.
* Selects materials and equipment for dental hygiene visit by
evaluating patient's oral health.
* Completes dental prophylaxis by cleaning deposits and stains from
teeth and from beneath gum margins.
* Detects disease by completing oral cancer screening; feeling and
visually examining gums; using probes to locate periodontal disease
and to assess levels of recession; exposing and developing
* Arrests dental decay by applying fluorides and other cavity-
* Maintains patient appearance and ability to masticate by
fabricating temporary restorations; cleaning and polishing
removable appliances; placing, carving, and finishing amalgam
restorations; removing cement from crowns and bridges.
* Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies by
maintaining cpr certification, emergency drugs and oxygen supply,
and directory of emergency numbers.
* Educates patients by giving oral hygiene and plaque control
instructions and postoperative instructions; providing reminders of
time of next dental hygiene visit.
* Documents dental hygiene services by recording vital signs and
medical and dental histories; charting in patient records.
* Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping
* Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with
procedures, rules, and regulations.
* Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control
policies and protocols.
* Maintains dental supplies inventory by checking stock to
determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing
and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of
Use of Dental Technology, Dental Health Maintenance, Infection
Control, Health Promotion and Maintenance, Bedside Manner, Creating
a Safe, Effective Environment, Listening, Teamwork, Administering
Medication, Thoroughness, Self-Development
Keywords: Piedmont Dental Associates, Winston-Salem , Dental Hygienist, Healthcare , Mocksville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!