Occupational Therapist, Home Health Full Time
Company: CenterWell Home Health
Location: Belews Creek
Posted on: May 22, 2023
DescriptionResponsibilitiesAs a -Home Health Occupational
Therapist, you will:
- Assess/screen patient's daily living/work-related skills and
develop therapeutic retraining programs with measurable objectives.
- Administer and interpret diagnostic and prognostic tests of
function to patients in their homes or other settings to assist the
physician in evaluating the patient's level of function.
- Confer with the patient's physician and other health care team
members and participate in development/revision of the Plan of Care
- Provide therapeutic treatment and instruction to patients in
accordance with physician orders to improve/restore strength,
coordination, range-of-motion and function or teach compensation
- Review/expand the retraining programs in a manner consistent
with the behavioral goals of each patient and within the guidelines
of the rehabilitation program as a whole.
- Consult with other vocational team members, as appropriate, to
develop and implement vocationally oriented plans consistent with
the needs and capabilities of patients.
- Report patient status and progress to the physician,
rehabilitation staff, Clinical Manager, patient and family
- Participate in care coordination and discharge planning
activities and act as a resource to other health care personnel in
meeting patient's needs.
- Design community reintegration activities to assist the client
in the physical reconditioning effort, and/or the psychological
adjustment and coordinate the plan with members of the
- Recommend and/or design special adaptive equipment for clients
to improve residence or working environments or improve their
participation in the rehabilitation program and/or community.
- Design/train staff and family members to carry out the
retraining program including dressing, feeding, grooming and
hygiene skills, participate in team and family educational
- Coordinate/oversee/supervise/instruct and evaluates
Occupational Therapy Assistant and Home Health Aide performance in
implementing occupational therapy services.
- Accurately and thoroughly document patients' care observations,
interventions and evaluation on the day services are rendered. -
Ensure that interim (verbal) orders received from the physician are
accurately documented and implemented. - Submit evaluation,
treatment plans and discharge summary to the supervisor and care
management staff. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Required
- Degree from an accredited Occupational Therapy Program
- A minimum of six months of occupational therapy experience
- Home Health experience a plus
- Current and unrestricted OT licensure
- Current CPR certification
- Good organizational and communication skills
- A valid driver's license, auto insurance, and reliable
transportation are required.
- This role requires full COVID-19 vaccinationScheduled Weekly
Keywords: CenterWell Home Health, Winston-Salem , Occupational Therapist, Home Health Full Time, Healthcare , Belews Creek, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...