LPN Behavioral Health
Company: Life Center of Galax
Posted on: May 24, 2023
Full-time Day/Night shift openings available: 7a-7:30p or 7p-7:30a
We're offering a $10,000 sign on bonus for full-time!
Life Center of Galax is Virginia's leading residential, outpatient and detox rehab center providing high quality and personalized treatment for over 50 years. The programs we offer are designed to improve patients' lives by effectively treating any existing substance abuse and co-occurring mental health concerns.
Come join our team as a Behavioral Health LPN at Life Center of Galax! We are looking for individuals who are passionate about behavioral health. If you are interested in growth opportunities that are second to none in the industry and making a difference in the lives of people in our community, this position is right for you! At Life Center of Galax we specialize in helping individuals find purpose and develop the skills necessary to actualize long-term recovery from substance use disorders. We are looking for individuals who desire the opportunity to help save lives while feeling challenged and professionally enriched on a daily basis.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing required.
- One or more years' of nursing experience within clinical area of service provided by facility preferred.
- Current LPN/LVN license as required by state.
- CPR and de-escalation/restraint certification required (training available upon hire and offered by facility).
- First aid may be required based on state or facility.
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to add or remove duties from particular jobs when circumstances (e.g. emergencies, changes in workload, rush jobs or technological developments) dictate.
Provide nursing care and services within the standards and scope of nursing practice, as defined within the state Nurse Practice Act regulations, policies, procedures and protocols, as well as facility and corporate policies and procedures. Demonstrate a positive, empathetic, and professional attitude toward customers at all times. Recognize that patient safety is a top priority.
- Monitor patient health and administer basic care utilizing the nursing process within the LPN/LVN scope of practice in carrying out care plan objectives and goals.
- Role model expectations related to customer service and demonstrates a sense of urgency related to the importance of patient safety.
- Collaborate with others to ensure that patients' physical, biopsychosocial, age, developmental and cultural needs are met and when they are not met, acknowledges and works to resolve customer complaints.
- Provide for the basic comfort of patient, implement nursing interventions identified in the plan of care that is individualized to their needs.
- Apply appropriate interventions to progress the patient towards wellness and address maintenance of wellness.
- Discuss the care provided with patient and listen to their concerns. Report status changes and concerns to registered nurses and doctors.
- Communicate therapeutically and professionally with patient, visitors, coworkers and others involved in the patient's treatment in an effective manner.
- Provide for the safe delivery of medication in accordance with policies and procedures, physicians orders and/or current practice.
- Maintain standards of professional nursing practice in accordance with facility policy and procedures, other external governing and credentialing bodies, performance improvement standards and psychiatric nursing standards.
- Responsible for thorough, accurate reporting and documentation of the patient symptoms, responses and progress.
- Perform other functions and tasks as assigned.
Keywords: Life Center of Galax, Winston-Salem , LPN Behavioral Health, Healthcare , Galax, North Carolina
here to apply!