Audiology Extern, Audiology Services, Winston Campus
Company: Atrium Health
Location: Winston Salem
Posted on: May 26, 2023
JOB SUMMARY: Under the supervision of licensed audiologists, provides a full range of differential diagnostic and therapeutic services to inpatients and outpatients of all ages who have peripheral hearing loss or central auditory disorder. Provides audiologic testing, counseling, and assistive device recommendation and fitting under the supervision of a licensed audiologist.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION:
1. Adheres to the general hospital standards to promote a cooperative work environment by utilizing communication skills, interpersonal relationships, and team building. Follows hospital/departmental policies and procedures.
2. Performs comprehensive, professional evaluation of patients of all ages under supervision of Licensed Audiologist, referred for differential diagnosis of peripheral hearing and auditory function. This includes selecting and administering the audiological test battery most appropriate for the patient's age, developmental level, and cognition, providing accurate interpretation of findings, and preparing written reports for the referring physician or agency in a timely basis.
3. Ensures that patients and/or families are thoroughly counseled about any hearing or auditory impairment.
4. Plans and recommends management for persons with hearing loss or other auditory disorders by developing goals for habilitative or rehabilitative management with amplification and assistive devices.
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist is a pre-eminent academic health system based in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist is part of Advocate Health, which is headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, and is the fifth-largest nonprofit health system in the United States, created from the combination of Atrium Health and Advocate Aurora Health. Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist's two main components are an integrated clinical system - anchored by Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, an 885-bed tertiary-care hospital in Winston-Salem - that includes Brenner Children's Hospital, five community hospitals, more than 300 primary and specialty care locations and more than 2,700 physicians; and Wake Forest School of Medicine, the academic core of Atrium Health Enterprise and a recognized leader in experiential medical education and groundbreaking research that includes Wake Forest Innovations, a commercialization enterprise focused on advancing health care through new medical technologies and biomedical discovery.
Wake Forest Baptist Health, Wake Forest University School of Medicine and Atrium Health have joined forces in a strategic combination that will enhance care, transform medical education and create economic opportunity for countless lives in North Carolina and beyond. As a part of that combination, the two health systems will be integrating technology and platforms, including our career sites.
This means that although you are applying on the Wake Forest Baptist Health Career Site, you receive communications from the Atrium Health Recruitment Team. Please know that this is an expected process, and thanks in advance for your flexibility.
About the Team
Mission, Vision and Culture Commitments
To improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all.
To be the first and best choice for care.
We create a space where all Belong
We Work as One to make great things happen
We earn Trust in all we do
We Innovate to better the now and create the future
We drive for Excellence - always
Keywords: Atrium Health, Winston-Salem , Audiology Extern, Audiology Services, Winston Campus, Healthcare , Winston Salem, North Carolina
here to apply!