Nurse Practitioner - Hematology & Oncology (Job )
Company: Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist
Posted on: November 15, 2023
Embrace the opportunity to engage in patient-centered care at
Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist Hematology and Oncology - Elkin,
NC as we eagerly welcome a skilled Nurse Practitioner to join our
dynamic outpatient team in Elkin, North Carolina.What We Have to
- CME Reimbursement: Receive up to $2,500 and 5 additional PTO
days/year for Continuing Medical Education.
- Work/Life Balance: Collaborate with 2 physicians, Monday
through Friday, 8:00 am 5:00 pm. No weekends or call.
- Generous PTO: Accrual starts at 25 days/year, to be used for
vacations, sickness, holidays, and personal matters.
- Relocation Assistance: Enjoy $7,500 in relocation assistance,
paid within the first 30 days of employment.
- Career Growth & Stability: Experience a rewarding career with
ample opportunities for advancement and stability, supported by a
consistently high patient volume.
- A Rich Quality of Life: Indulge in a vibrant lifestyle within
North Carolina s Piedmont Triad region, boasting an abundance of
walking and biking trails, nationally acclaimed golf courses,
active arts communities, tantalizing Southern cuisine, and an array
of artisan craft breweries and wineries.Work in a Supportive &
Collaborative Environment: Joining our team means contributing to
the advancement of patient care through your expertise and passion
for delivering the highest standard of medical care. Additionally,
our center provides a supportive environment, including a range of
programs to assist patients and their families, fostering a
holistic approach to care. Consider the chance to be a part of a
dynamic and compassionate team, dedicated to making a meaningful
difference in the lives of those facing complex hematological and
oncological challenges.What You ll Do: As a valued member of our
healthcare team, the NP will play a key role in team-focused
patient care, conducting thorough examinations and evaluations in a
clinical setting. Responsibilities include:
- Seeing patients with Hematology and Oncology physicians in
clinic; overseeing patients receiving chemotherapy, transfusions,
and other IV therapies in the clinic; managing side effects related
to these therapies; coordinating day hospital care when necessary;
receiving and managing telephone calls from telephone triage.
- Perform complex diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in
diagnosing medical and surgical problems and prescribing necessary
treatment and service for quality patient care; record data and
tentative conclusions for review by physician. Procedures will
include, but are not limited to, bone marrow aspiration and biopsy;
lumbar puncture, with or without intrathecal chemotherapy; and
removal of PICC lines.
- Coordinate and schedule laboratory studies and diagnostic
procedures; explain the necessity, preparation, nature and
anticipated effects of scheduled diagnostic and therapeutic
procedures to the patient.
- Carry out patient care services under indirect physician
supervision; monitor progress of patients, maintain a record of the
patient's progress, and consult with supervising physician when
patient's progress does not meet anticipated and/or predetermined
- Performing bone marrow aspiration and biopsy, lumbar punctures,
and other procedures as needed.
- Participate in basic science and clinical research
- Assist in teaching students, residents and interns in complex
techniques and procedures which are unique to specific clinical
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described
herein.The clinician functions under the regulatory mandate from
their respective licensing organization (North Carolina Medical
Board or North Carolina Board of Nursing) with departmental
specific credentialing from the institution.Nurse Practitioner (NP)
- Graduation from accredited Nurse Practitioner Master's Program,
Master s degree or higher required
- Current North Carolina Board of Nursing Registered Nurse and
Nurse Practitioner license
- Board certified as a Family Nurse Practitioner by AANP or
- Minimum of two years of experience in a hematology and/ or
oncology care environment
- BLS requiredWhere You ll Live: The picturesque cities of North
Carolina s Piedmont Triad region are ranked among US News & World
Report s Top 50 Best Places to Live and Top 40 Best Places to
Retire in 2023. This includes:
- Affordable Living: Elkin's low cost of living provides a great
place to relocate if you re searching for a comfortable place to
move that is affordable. Neighborhoods close to downtown are filled
with old historic homes, and there are numerous neighborhoods
tucked away that offer newer construction next door to Elkin.
- Vibrant Neighborhoods: With its welcoming atmosphere, excellent
schools, and affordable living, Elkin promises a fulfilling and
family-friendly environment for those seeking a blend of small-town
charm and modern amenities.When you join Atrium Health Wake Forest
Baptist, you are welcomed into an inclusive culture that celebrates
and respects the contributions a diverse team can make together. In
our nationally-renowned integrated health system, you can work
alongside the most advanced minds in medicine to improve medicine,
elevate hope and advance healing for all.
Keywords: Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist, Winston-Salem , Nurse Practitioner - Hematology & Oncology (Job ), Healthcare , Elkin, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!