Company: Mountain Express Oil Company
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Job Title: Assistant Store Manager
The Assistant Store Manager works to support the success and
profitability of the store. They are responsible for leading the
day-to-day operations of the store in the absence of the Store
Manager. They hold a crucial role because they provide leadership
and guidance and enforce standards and policies for store personnel
when the Store Manager is away from the store. The Assistant Store
Manager is responsible for supporting the Store Manager in leading,
facilitating and completing all store level tasks including food
preparation, cash register duties, customer service, cleaning, and
all other related functions. The Assistant Store Manager ensures an
exceptional customer experience by ensuring and demonstrating world
class customer service.
- Smile and greet customers in a friendly manner as they enter
the store. Provide a fast, friendly, and enjoyable experience for
all customers. Respond to and resolve customer requests or
complaints in a timely and efficient manner. Engage each customer
genuinely and thank them for their business.
- Operate a cash register adhering to all Company policies and
standards. Maintain proper cash levels and follow all cash handling
and shift change processes and procedures to ensure no cash
- Supervise the day-to-day task assignments and performance for
all team members. Assist with all matters pertaining to recruiting,
hiring, training, coaching, employee engagement and performance
- When necessary, assist the Store Manager with planning and
preparing work schedules and coordinating daily activities to serve
the needs of the store.
- Monitor and report all competitive fuel prices every morning
and as changes occur. Ensure gas price changes are made accurately
- Interact with and motivate team members to drive sales plans,
promotions, and programs in order to meet store objectives.
- When necessary, order stock adhering to par levels and
plan-o-grams. Ensure vendors do not overstock or bring in
- Complete daily reports and paperwork entry correctly and
- Research cash shortages and report violations to the Store
Manager or District Manager.
- Prepare deposits according to Company Policy and deliver
deposits to the bank on a daily basis.
- Adhere to and enforce federal and state laws, and company
policy regarding the sale of alcohol, tobacco, lottery, and all
other age restricted products.
- Ensure the proper execution of assigned foodservice programs
and procedures. Assure fresh, quality food, hot coffee and
beverages are available at all times.
- Follow and enforce company uniform, appearance, and dress code
- Adhere to and enforce the execution of established safety and
security policies and procedures.
- Ensure the proper execution of all assigned store level
- Suggestively sell promotions, food and beverage specials and
- Complete all store housekeeping functions (i.e., Cleaning,
dusting, sweeping, mopping, emptying trash, cleaning restrooms,
cleaning food service equipment, policing parking areas and lot,
cleaning gas pumps, etc.)
- Replenish products and supplies to ensure in-stock conditions
at all times. Rotate and front-face stock to ensure freshness and
quality of products and easy customer access. Remove damaged and
out-of-code merchandise from the shelves. Keep the store looking
neat and attractive.
- Communicate with the Store Manager regarding customer requests
or complaints and any vendor related concerns. Report all theft and
any suspected shoplifting.
- Check in external and internal vendors according to standards
- Follow and enforce all company policies, procedures, and
- Assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned to
accommodate store operational needs.
- Lead by example with a sense of urgency and purpose, treating
others with a positive and respectful attitude.
- Represent the company brand by exemplifying its core
- Must be at least 18 years of age to be considered for this
- Must maintain a current, valid, unrestricted driver's license
with an insurable driving record.
- Basic language and mathematical skills.
- Ability to Multitask, perform repeated bending, reaching,
prolonged standing, and be able to occasionally lift up to 50
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to work 40 hours per week. Willingness and availability
to work all shifts, weekends, nights, and holidays as required by
the needs of the business.
- Must be able to reliably report to work on time, as
- Must be responsible, dependable, and acceptable to change.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Mountain Express Oil Company, Winston-Salem , Assistant Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Thomasville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!