Dietary Nutrition Services Cook
Company: King Universal Healthcare
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Job Description$500 SIGN-ON BONUS! SKILLED NURSING FACILITY
- Job Summary The Nutrition Services Cook prepares and serves
nourishing and attractive meals and other foods as required to
support the menu specific to diet orders and other facility events.
Will prepare food in accordance with current applicable federal,
state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations, with our
established policies and procedures, and as may be directed by the
Director of Nutrition Services, Certified Dietary Manager, and/or
- Essential Functions Every effort has been made to make your job
description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states
or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to
perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not
exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or
is a logical assignment to the position. Residents Rights
- Knows and respects patients' rights.
- Ensures protected health information is kept confidential.
- Reports complaints made by patients to supervisor.
- Reports allegations of patient abuse, neglect and/or
misappropriation of patient property. Safety and Sanitation
- Uses standard precautions as outlined in policies and
- Follows established safety policies and procedures.
- Observes safety needs of patients as indicated in care plan.
- Wears and/or uses safety equipment and supplies when indicated
and properly trained to use.
- Demonstrates job-specific knowledge of fire and disaster
preparedness during drills or actual situations.
- Operates, cleans, and stores kitchen equipment in a safe
- Identifies location of SDS for chemicals used and demonstrates
knowledge of SDS sheets and use.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and proper use of eye wash station.
- Understands and demonstrates proper use of all kitchen
- Follows Safe Serve guidelines.
- Follows all state and local guidelines for food
- Follow established Infection Control policies and procedures
when performing daily tasks. Staff Development
- Attends and participates in scheduled in-service training and
educational classes as mandated by regulatory agencies and company
- Participates in facility committees, as requested.
- Completes assigned Relias training. Food Preparation/Production
- Reviews menus, patient census information, production guides
and pre-prep sheets to determine type and quantities of food to be
- Prepares meal items according to planned menus and standardized
recipes; refers to food service director or dietitian the need for
- Prepares and serves meals that are palatable and appetizing in
- Prepares food according to safe food handling guidelines in the
facility policies and procedures and HACCP (Hazard Analysis and
Critical Control Point) and state and federal regulations.
- Prepares food in a timely manner to preserve food quality and
serve meal on time.
- Operates a variety of kitchen utensils and equipment such as
blenders, mixer, food slicer, steamer, food processor, convention
oven, range, and tilt skillet; Operates equipment according to
manufacturer's instructions and supervisory direction.
- Prepares consistency modified and diet foods appropriately.
Prepares food for therapeutic diets in accordance with planned
- Ensures that appropriate equipment and utensils are provided
with the resident's meal tray.
- Review care plans to assure that current food information is
consistent with foods served.
- Bakes, roasts, broils, and steams food items to prepare for
- Completes pre preparation as needed or assigned including
washing, peeling, and cutting vegetables and fruits to prepare for
- Slices meat and measures or weighs for menu compliance and
- Prepares and serves food attractively using gravies, sauces,
and garnishes as on menu.
- Tests and observes food by tasting for palatability.
- Monitors and records food temperatures prior to meal
- Uses nutritionally equivalent substitutes when required and
refers to food service director or registered dietitian for
- Prepares and assists with special function meals.
- Prepares and serve bedtime snacks.
- Handles and stores all food according to facility procedures
and safe food handling guidelines.
- Uses food supplies and equipment in an efficient and economic
manner to prevent waster. Meal Service Responsibilities
- Promotes customer service and patient enjoyment of meals and
- Advocates for patients to honor their choices in food and
- Uses menus and tray tickets to serve meals correctly.
- Meets meal schedules and has meals ready to serve on time.
- Serves meals attractively using appropriate garnishes, serving
utensils and dinnerware.
- Serves food in accordance with established portion control
- Records menu changes. Food Safety Responsibilities
- Use safe food handling techniques as identified in the facility
policies and procedures, HACCP, state and federal codes and
- Uses proper hand washing techniques.
- Thaws foods appropriately.
- Stores food using correct packaging and labeling.
- Uses gloves appropriately and changes when required.
- Checks refrigerators and freezers for correct temperatures.
Notifies food service director if problems.
- Follows the cleaning schedule.
- Cleans the equipment and work area after each use.
- Cools, stores, and reheats cooked foods according to
- Sweeps and mops kitchen floors when assigned.
- Takes trash to dumpster if assigned.
- Washes pots and pans when assigned.
- Does cleaning assignments.
- Maintains neat, clean, and orderly work areas. Administrative
- Assumes responsibility for the department in the absence of the
Assistant Director of Nutrition Services and Director of Nutrition
Services. Serves as "Person in Charge".
- Supervises Nutrition Services Staff regarding food storage,
food preparation, tray assembly, and cleaning.
- Inspects special diet trays to assure that the correct diet is
served to the resident.
- Coordinates food service with other departments as
- Works with the facility's dietitian as necessary and implement
recommended changes as required.
- Assists in establishing food service production line, etc., to
assure that meals are prepared on time.
- Process diet changes and new diets as received from Nursing
- Performs any miscellaneous work assignments as may be
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to read, write and do math needed for recipes required.
- Persons who have been found guilty by a court of law or
identified in by any registry, regulatory, or licensing body of
abusing, neglecting, or mistreating individuals in a health care
related setting are ineligible for employment in the position.
- Two years as cook in a large-scale cooking operation,
- Physical Demands
- Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying
of objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Stooping, standing, crouching,
walking, smelling, tasting, color vision, reaching, handling,
fingering, and pushing.
- EOEPowered by JazzHRHpYc9XQx27
Keywords: King Universal Healthcare, Winston-Salem , Dietary Nutrition Services Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , King, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!