Logistics Team Leader
Company: Fortune Brands
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Commitment to career development
Operate with the three As in mind -- Align, Accountable and
Reporting directly to the CDC Manager, this position is responsible
for leading the shipping clerks and commercial drivers to execute
the business and logistics strategies of the operation. The
logistics team leader will assure their team of reports supports
company initiatives by working efficiently and effectively as a
team to meet internal and external customer requirements keeping a
focus on safety, quality, service, and cost.
- Lead and provide necessary support to commercial drivers and
shipping clerks as they execute the daily Larson transportation and
- Provide daily communication to the department through various
means and be available to answer questions.
- Maintain appropriate driver and clerk work schedules including
planning for vacations and other absences.
- Analyze and plan driver routes to balance driver workloads and
ensure routes are efficient and attainable.
- Ensure drivers understand and abide by all federal DOT rules
and regulations and company policies.
- Align clerk workloads and responsibilities to maximize
efficiency and effectiveness.
- Coordinate with drivers and maintenance providers to ensure
repairs and periodic maintenance are being scheduled and performed
in an efficient manner causing minimal disruption.
- Coordinate with clerks and drivers to ensure tasks are carried
out according to company policies and procedures.
- Work alongside management to Coordinate training of new
associates, provide coaching and development for existing
associates, analyze and resolve work problems as they arise, and
maintain appropriate documentation.
- Promote workplace safety by assuring universal precautions and
safe work practices are used, assure fire/safety/disaster plans are
established and communicated to all department personnel,
participate in risk management assessments, maintain security
and/or correct unsafe working conditions, equipment repair and
maintenance needs. Serve as a permanent member of the safety
- Work with LTL Carriers, and other 3rd party transportation
providers to establish performance standards and address issues
- Work with other departments within and outside of your
operation to provide communication and conduct tasks that result in
optimal customer service to internal and external customers.
- Must be courteous and maintain a good working relationship with
supervisors and co-workers and should abide by all FBOS
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor/Associates degree and/or equivalent experience
- Strong computer knowledge and experience including the use of
Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to lead, influence, and manage team members, customers,
- Experience with logistics operations including DOT, OSHA and
related safety regulations.
This job description indicates in general the nature and levels of
work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other essential functions
(as covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act) expected of
a Logistics Team Leader. It is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
required of a Logistics Team Leader. A Logistics Leader may be
asked to perform other duties as required.All your information will
be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Keywords: Fortune Brands, Winston-Salem , Logistics Team Leader, Hospitality & Tourism , Mocksville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!