Company: Yadkin Valley Senior Living
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Yadkin Valley Senior Living - Requirements
Must be eligible for hire and receive facility orientation. - This
job requires lifting of up to 20lbs. and being able to stand for
long periods of time. - Must be able to bend, kneel, climb step
stool, and reach. - Must be able to read and write. - ServeSafe
certification within last two (2) years preferred.
- Prepare meals as scheduled on the dietary menus prepared by a
- Make sure that menus are posted in the kitchen and on the hall
for the day.
- Prepare special or modified diets as ordered on the dietary
menus and in accordance with the diet ordered for each
- Serve meals three times daily with at least ten (10) hours
between breakfast and dinner.
- Assure that foods are stored and served at appropriate
- Make sure that all residents are served and that adequate
nutrition is provided for residents that will be absent from the
facility during meals.
- Prepare snacks as ordered on the dietary menu for service by
aides three times per day.
- Monitor the use of supplies and food inventory to ensure that
menus can be followed.
- Notify supervisor of any missing supplies or food inventory as
soon as possible, so attempts can be made to obtain these
- Respect all resident rights while preparing and serving
- Abide by the rules and regulations set by the department of
health and human services and the department of environmental
- Attempt to keep kitchen and dining area as clean and free from
clutter as possible.
- Ensure that all kitchen and dining room areas are cleaned
daily, and that assigned cleaning tasks are performed daily.
- Make sure that all cooking materials and resident dinnerware is
cleaned after each meal, and that the cleaning equipment is working
- Notify maintenance and/or administration of any equipment
malfunctions in the kitchen or dining room.
- Clean serving area daily.
- Make sure that floors in kitchen and dining room are swept and
- Inspect and clean outside garbage area daily, and keep all
items stored in containers off the ground.
- Cooperate with other staff members
- Understand and comply with all safety policy and procedures and
become familiar with emergency plans within the facility
- Participate in job-related training activities which are
required by the Administration.
- Perform other job-related duties that are delegated by the
supervisor and/or Administration.
Keywords: Yadkin Valley Senior Living, Winston-Salem , Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Elkin, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...