On-Site Customer Service Representative II
Company: Genuine Parts Company
Posted on: September 20, 2023
SummaryThe On-Site Customer Service Representative II works as a
key member of a three-shift team managing Maintenance, Repair, and
Operations (MRO) customer owned inventory in a manufacturing
company Supply Room, providing exemplary customer service to
customer and contractor personnel. This position works 100% of the
time at the customer location.This position is hiring for the 2nd
Shift hours 3:30pm - 12:00amResponsibilities
- You will fill requests for MRO/Indirect Materials in the
customer supply room.
- You will serve as a walk-up customer contact for filling
- You will conduct, as necessary, any search to locate materials
within the internal business system, using customer part numbers,
manufacturer part numbers, or commodity type, etc. to identify
- You will conduct cycle counts on all MRO/Indirect Material
- You will investigate discrepancies between physical inventory
and system inventory levels, noting and reporting issues that cause
- You will perform inventory adjustments, inter-facility and
intra-company transfers, inventory counts. You will also receive,
count, and verify incoming shipments.
- You will maintain a safe, clean, and organized work area
throughout the facility and common areas.
- You will operate a forklift and/or pallet jack in maintaining
inventory position, putting away or delivering material to the
- You will promote the continuous improvement effort, not only
including inventory areas but all operational areas.
- You will adhere to all company SOP's, GMP's, procedures, and
OSHA regulations, while also adhering to all customer contractor
- You will perform all other duties as assigned that are
necessary, required, or directed by management.QualificationsThe
ideal candidate must have the following characteristics.
- Upbeat, hard-working, flexible, desire to learn, positive
attitude, forward thinkingThe ideal candidate would have most or
all the following characteristics.
- Meticulous acute attention to detail with a demonstrated
ability to discern small differences between material numbers,
manufacturer part numbers, sizes, dimensions, measurements,
- Strong customer service background
- Impeccable and professional communication skills with an
emphasis on both electronic and face-to-face interactions
- Multi-tasking, problem solving and time management skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word,
warehouse inventory software, and searching capabilities to find
products on the internet. -Experience and proficiency with SAP
- Experience in Inventory Control operations
- General demonstrated mechanical aptitude with an understanding
of MRO material and general machine partsNot the right fit? -Let us
know you're interested in a future opportunity by joining our
Talent Community on or create an account to set up email alerts as
new job postings become available that meet your interest!GPC
conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color,
religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
genetic information, disability, military status, status as a
veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to
recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate
employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and
conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
Keywords: Genuine Parts Company, Winston-Salem , On-Site Customer Service Representative II, Hospitality & Tourism , Tobaccoville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!