Senior Manager, Human Resources - Automotive
Company: Velocity Resource Group
Location: Winston Salem
Posted on: November 12, 2019
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from
diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable
and more connected world.
This is a phenominal opportunity to join the TE Connectivity -
Automotive Americas HR team. The Senior Manager, Human Resources
for Operations and Quality will serve as a key business partner for
the Automotive Americas business unit. In alignment with business
priorities and the Automotive Americas HR Strategy set by the
Senior Director of HR, the individual will be responsible for
delivering an HR strategy that supports innovation, human capital
business solutions, and capability development as well as providing
a focused set of human resources activities in the areas of
leadership, organization development, employee engagement, talent
management and change management. This position will closely with
the Automotive Americas HR leader and collaborate with other
pillars of the TE Connectivity HR Operating Model, including HR
Innovation Centers (Centers of Excellence) and HR Solutions (HR
Operations). The Senior Manager, Human Resources, is focused on the
business, functional and talent strategies, organization design and
partnering with business leaders to develop a high-performance
organization. TE Connectivity's HR Business Partner Teams implement
Human Resources policy at the business unit level while partnering
with management to drive company-wide programs and initiatives
(i.e. succession, talent acquisition, total rewards and change
Responsibilities & Qualifications As a Senior Manager, Human
Resources, a typical day may include:
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the Automotive Americas
Operations and Quality teams in all aspects of human resources,
ensuring that the business has the right talent in the present, as
well as anticipating future talent needs including but not limited
to the strategic workforce plans from shop floors to operations
- Work with leaders in Automotive Americas HR strategy for
Operations and Quality which will include workforce planning,
succession planning, talent development and measuring/communicating
results, in partnership with a strong, inclusive HR leadership
- Drive business decisions through data analytics, providing
regular human capital reviews.
- Assist in developing an HR function that is viewed by clients
at all levels to be experts: confident, strategic, effective and
pivotal to the organization's success.
- Knowledgeable of HR best practices and constantly seeking
continuous improvement. This will include playing a key leadership
role in designing and implementing change programs.
- Develop innovative programs that identify the "right person in
the right place, at the right time, with the right cost."
- Play a key role in implementing change programs. This will
include organization design, organization effectiveness, cultural
assessment, and other initiatives designed to enable the business
to achieve its growth targets.
- Deliver effective communications and provide leadership for the
implementation of HR policies and processes Operations and Quality
in Automotive Americas.
- Serve as a coach (vs. a manager) for plant based HR staff,
seeking to enable and grow their development and capabilities as HR
leaders within their own sites.
What your background should look like---
- Bachelor's degree or above in Business Administration, HR
Management or related field. PHR or SPHR preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in HR supporting
Operations, including 8+ years HRBP/Generalist experience and/or
Center of Excellence experience in talent management, talent
acquisition or organizational development.
- Track record of effectiveness leading in a complex, global,
matrixed organization. Experience working with people at all levels
around the world, with significant cross-cultural sensitivity,
respect and adaptability.
- Demonstrated managerial courage. Self-confident and able to act
as a role model of company values. Experience serving as a coach
and confidant to multiple business leaders across all facets of
talent and business strategy. Must be willing to challenge
point-of-views when necessary and offer alternative, constructive
- Experience assessing, recruiting, engaging, developing, and
motivating employees. Strong assessor of skills, strengths and
weaknesses, and willing to take action to upgrade as needed.
- Exceptional energy and results-orientation. Strong influencing
skills; assertive without being antagonistic or alienating; ability
to work in a collaborative and team-oriented culture. A track
record of influencing across an organization.
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
Able to package and present complex analysis and recommendations
simply, clearly and comfortably.
- Comfort with ambiguity.
- A proven track record of and passion for process excellence,
project management and continuous improvement.
- Ability to travel in the Americas, 25-40% of the time, if
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to
our associates includes offering benefit programs that are
comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
- Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take
a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are
company-paid, while others are available through associate
contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
Keywords: Velocity Resource Group, Winston-Salem , Senior Manager, Human Resources - Automotive, Human Resources , Winston Salem, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!