Front End Web Developer
Location: Winston Salem
Posted on: May 23, 2018
Modis Greensboro is hiring! We are seeking a Front End Developer to join our North Carolina team in the Triad area. This is a fulltime role with a creative and innovative company that values a work life balance and firmly believes that work should be a fun and collaborative place.
Front End Web Developers are tasked with bringing digital campaigns to life on an array of devices. They create well-organized, robust code with maintainability and portability in mind while bringing their deep understanding of the most innovative technologies out there to bear on the agency's creative product. They can identify and correct bugs and bottlenecks in new and existing projects.
Advertising creative teams are evolving, and technology needs to be right there in the trenches with art directors, writers, user experience designers and beyond. We're looking for a creatively minded developer who has rock-solid skills and a passion for executing killer ideas.
Experience in an agency environment (advertising or digital-only) is extremely important, if not mandatory. Bonus points if it was in an integrated environment doing work across all types of media, online and offline. Social media content and applications will be an area of focus, so experience with Facebook applications and other social media API-driven sites is preferred. Mobile experience is required.
• Agency or startup experience, or experience in another creatively charged, collaborative environment.
• A desire and ability to use technology to drive creativity.
• Rock-solid HTML and CSS skills, knowing where and when to leverage emerging technologies like HTML5 and CSS3
• Skilled in using a CSS preprocessor to speed up development (LESS, SCSS/Compass, etc)
• Experience converting PSD's into static templates
• Knowledge of web standards and page-weight optimization a must
• Familiarity with client-side MVC frameworks such as Ember, Angular, or Backbone.
• Experience with responsive/adaptive design and developing mobile-only experiences are required.
• Experience developing native/hybrid mobile apps preferred
• Experience in at least one popular CMS (WordPress, ExpressionEngine, etc)
• Familiarity with at least one server-side MVC Framework (Laravel, Ruby on Rails, Django, CakePHP, etc) and how it relates to server and client side web development.
• Social technology API experience (Primarily Facebook, and also Twitter, Foursquare, Instagram, etc.)
• Experience creating, as well as consuming, JSON-based APIs.
• Familiarity with at least one source control system (Subversion, Git, etc.)
• Understanding of software design patterns and testing methodologies is a plus.
Applicants must provide URLs for a portfolio site, Github username, client work, side projects or any other site or application work that shows your development chops and creative spark. Applicants who do not provide a link to their work will not be reviewed.
You must be eligible to work in the United States to be considered for this role.
We are an eoe and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, age, ethnicity, gender, religion, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
If you’re a creative, driven person than this is the perfect role for you! Interviews are happening now so apply today!
Keywords: , Winston-Salem, Front End Web Developer, IT / Software / Systems, Winston Salem, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!