Company: Integrity Consulting
Location: Winston Salem
Posted on: February 6, 2019
The position is responsible for the installation, configuration, administration and maintenance of WebSphere Application Server on multiple platforms including, AIX and Red Hat Linux on IBM power systems as well as on X86 Linux platforms and require at least 5 years hands-on experience with WebSphere Application Server. Additional experience managing IBM MQ is a plus. Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Deployment, administration and operational support of WebSphere Application Server 8.5.5 / 9 on our development, testing, staging and production environments in support of multiple mission critical projects.
- Setup and configuration of WebSphere security
- Assist with deployment and administrative support of applications running on our WebSphere platform.
- Troubleshooting and root cause analysis of problems in WAS environments including performance
- Collaborate with Operations and development organizations related to support, configuration and upgrade planning.
- Maintain WebSphere patching and bug fixes.
- Design health checks and performance reports.
- Develop automation tools for management, Monitoring, Configuration and Deployment.
- Develop design and support documentation.
- Implement WebSphere batch environment; job scheduling and integration with enterprise job scheduler
- Provision environments for high availability, redundancy and disaster recovery.
- Tune and scale WebSphere Application Server horizontally and vertically; Optimal utilization of workload management (WLM) capabilities.
- 24/7 production support availability.
- Ensure that WebSphere Application Server environment is properly designed and configured to operate in a critical highly available and scalable environment.
- Knowledge of message oriented middleware including WebSphere integration bus, Message Driven Beans and WMB. Qualifications Required:
- Minimum 5 years' experience working with WebSphere Application Server in an administrative function
- Comprehensive knowledge of principles, methods and techniques used in WebSphere administration and support including dynamic clustering and largescale deployments
- Experience ensuring that WAS is properly designed and configured to operate in a critical highly available and scalable environment.
- Strong understanding of Java EE and associated technologies including JDBC, JNDI, JTA, EJB, JSP, JMS, servlets and web app security.
- Knowledge of message oriented middleware and associated design principles including technologies such as queue connect factories, WebSphere integration bus, WMB and MQ.
- Experience with IBM Power and IBM Pure Application Server platforms
- Experience planning and managing WAS upgrades and related applications to new software releases
- Understanding of WAS release versions and their impact and dependencies on the application portfolio and other IBM middleware products
- Basic knowledge of Web services architecture and technologies such as SOAP, REST, UDDI and WSDL including security concerns.
- Dev Ops experience including continuous integration and automation of administrative tasks.
- Experience with Apache or IBM HTTP and good grasp of current web architecture and app design patterns
- Knowledge of at least 2 scripting languages such as Perl, Jython, Python including Unix shell
- AIX and Linux Administration experience
- Experience with mark-up languages such as HTML, XML, JSON
- Familiarity with LDAP
- Experience integrating with DB2 data sources and configuration of connection pools.
- Experience administering IBM MQ is a plus. - provided by Dice WebSphere, middleware, AIX, Linux, Apache
Keywords: Integrity Consulting, Winston-Salem , Websphere Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Winston Salem, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!