Digital Operating Center - Experienced Remote Auto Technical Adjuster
Posted on: March 26, 2019
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting,
rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent
protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you
make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here,
youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways
you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a
company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using
and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional opportunity for a
Experienced Remote Auto Technical Adjuster!
Combine your skills working with people and working with
Customers need us the most when they are involved in an accident.
As an Allstate Remote Inside Auto Technical Adjuster you will play
a vital role to ensure we deliver on our promise of delivering fair
and efficient claim service. This position supports management in
ensuring consistency of estimating practices from repair facilities
and compliance to best practices.
What you will do:
Your role involves creating initial estimates from photos received
from customers, agencies, or body shops. It also includes
negotiating and settling supplements via live interactions with
body shops or evaluating and adjusting written supplements. You
will be writing Auto Damage Estimates from photos sent in by the
customer. You will be challenged to manage multiple cases
simultaneously, and solve problems in a fast-paced working
environment. You will be measured on your excellent customer
service, process compliance, ability to provide accurate estimates
and reach fair and efficient claims resolutions while managing
costs. Your success will be rewarded with our Total Rewards package
which includes base pay, benefits, and opportunities for career
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Makes and maintains a connection with the customer by
understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with
empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been
- Researches and responds to moderately complex customer
communications, concerns, conflicts or issuesDamage Estimating
- Investigates moderately complex files, reviews damage, reviews
photos, and determines repairability or total loss
- Prepares damage estimates for moderately complex claims and
- Prepares, reviews, reconciles and/or approves supplements
- Conditions vehicles and prepares report for customer
- Evaluates diminished value in a moderately complex claimClaim
Payment Processes - Issuance and Authority
- Processes claims payments
- Initiates system generated checks and pays appropriate
- Negotiation and Settlement Guidance
- Negotiates and settles moderately complex claims in accordance
with business unit best practicesFile Documentation and
- Summarizes documents and enters into claim system notes
- Documents a claim file with notes, evaluations and
decision-making processOther Projects and Responsibilities
- May participate in one or more moderately complex special
- May serve as a committee team lead for smaller projects or as a
committee team member on medium projectsAdditional Criteria:
- Candidates current work location must be more than 50 miles
from an Allstate Digital Operating Center (DOC) location to be
eligible for this position.
- Current DOC employees must reside more than 50 miles from DOC
to be eligible for this position!
- "This position is not available to California residents"
- Bachelors degree in related field preferred or equivalent
- Minimum 1 years auto estimating experience required; total loss
experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and computer skills
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently
- Previous experience using a computer estimating system such as
ADP, CCC or Mitchell is a definite plus
- ICAR platinum certification, ASE certification and/or an
Adjuster's license are especially desirable
- Bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
- Military candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
- Military experience is a plus
- Notice of Licensing Requirement
As a condition of your employment, you may be expected to comply
with the state specific licensing process and requirements to
perform work as a claims adjuster. Failure to complete these
requirements within the time frame designated by the hiring
department may result in the termination of your employment with
Allstate Insurance Company.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit
to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands--.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a
competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards
package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and
dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus,
youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance
your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter,
Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for
employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA)
1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a
discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a
prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by
refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a
veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the
Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information
regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information
regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified
individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a
veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Keywords: Allstate, Winston-Salem , Digital Operating Center - Experienced Remote Auto Technical Adjuster, IT / Software / Systems , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!