Assistant Athletic Trainer, Department of Athletics
Company: Inside Higher Ed
Location: Winston Salem
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Job location: Winston Salem, NC Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-03-23 Req: R0003210 Please note:
- Additional documentation must be added at the bottom of the
third screen under the "My Experience."
- Internal candidates must apply via the internal career portal.
Do not proceed with your application from this website.
- DO NOT complete the application without the required
attachments as you will be unable to edit your application. **
Cover letter required for all positions and optional for
facilities, campus services, and hospitality positions unless
otherwise specified.Job Description SummaryPerforms a variety of
functions in the care, prevention, and rehabilitation of athletic
injuries to student-athletes through an existing Sports Medicine
program. Specific responsibilities include coordination of medical
care for assigned sport.Job DescriptionEssential Functions:
- Provides comprehensive evaluation, treatment, and
rehabilitation of athletically injured student-athletes, in
conjunction with appropriate medical personnel.
- Manages concussion care plan for student-athletes.
- Primary sports responsibilities include practices, games,
travel, and emergency preparation.
- Assists in the daily supervision and educational instruction of
- Maintains liaison between WFUBMC, WFUSHS and WFU Athletic
Department concerning office appointments, daily treatments,
rehabilitation/exercise programs, medical records, and daily
restrictions and modifications for athletes.
- Assists with the maintenance of all OSHA requirements for
- Assists with drug testing collections for
- Provides daily reports to coaches and Assistant Athletic
Director, Sports Medicine with condition of student-athletes.
- Performs other related duties as assigned. Required Education,
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:Bachelor's Degree in athletic training
or similar field with two years related experience, or an
equivalent combination of education and experience. Master's degree
preferred. Experience working with intercollegiate athletics
- NATA certification, licensure (eligible for NC), and CPR
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Strong
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and
- Ability to evaluate therapeutic requirements for
student-athletes, and to fit and modify therapeutic and/or
- Demonstrated knowledge of concussion protocol, ???
- Skill in the use of first aid procedures.
- Knowledge of CPR and emergency medical procedures.
- Ability to design and implement fitness, nutrition, and
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety
procedures.Accountabilities: Clinically supervises student athletic
trainers as related to performance, academics, schedules, practice,
and event coverage. Assists in the daily supervision of the
athletic training room.Note:This position profile identifies the
key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot
encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required
to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related
instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably
assigned by his/her supervisor.Additional Job DescriptionTime Type
RequirementFull timeNote to Applicant:This position profile
identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for
performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an
employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to
follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related
duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.In order
to provide a safe and productive learning and living community,
Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug
screens for all final staff candidates being considered for
employment.Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse
workforce while promoting an inclusive work environment committed
to excellence in the spirit of Pro Humanitate. In adherence with
applicable laws and as provided by University policies, the
University prohibits discrimination in its employment practices on
the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age,
sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic
information, disability and veteran status and encourages qualified
candidates across all group demographics to apply.
Keywords: Inside Higher Ed, Winston-Salem , Assistant Athletic Trainer, Department of Athletics, Other , Winston Salem, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!