Slitter Operator Continuous (D Shift)
Company: Tekni-Plex, Inc
Location: Winston Salem
Posted on: May 5, 2021
Who is Tekni-Plex? We are a 50 year global leader in advanced
plastic and rubber polymer technology, Tekni-Plex engineers'
solutions to meet customer needs in critical applications that
touch every aspect of life, from medical devices used in operating
rooms and hospitals, to food packaging in your kitchen. Why Work
for us? With Company Values like Innovation, Integrity and Trust
and Employee Fulfillment, Tekni-Plex offers every employee around
the world the opportunity to stretch, grow and succeed every day.
Our employees are challenged to bring new ideas to the table, jump
in and get involved and make an impact. Tekni-Plex has a proud
history and a compelling future. Behind every great Tekni-Plex
product is a team of dedicated employees who are truly making a
difference for our customers and who are Tekni-Proud! What is the
position where you can add value? We are hiring for Slitter
Operator for a Night Shift Continuous Schedule (6:45pm-7am) for our
Tri-Seal Division within Tekni-Plex. The purpose of the Slitter
Operator position is to convert in-process or finished master rolls
per production order and customer's specifications. A Slitter
Operator is responsible for the preparation and processing of
material in and out of the Slitting Operation.
- Follow all Tri-Seal plant safety rules and regulations.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices.
- Comply with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Load a machine payoff using an overhead hoist and thread the
material through the machine initially by hand and then jogging it
through the cutting press.
- Input data into the shop floor PC, check and validate labels
are correct from computer on to the corresponding rolls.
- Selects, cleans, install spacers and knives on shafts.
- Threads sheeting through slitter and verifies dimension of slit
- Secures slit strips on cores, adjusts guides and roller
tension, thread edge trim to scrap winder and start machine.
- Observes slitting and rewinding operation and examines cut
strips for flatness, wrinkles and other defects.
- Will observe the machine and is required to communicate scrap,
mechanical or quality issues timely.
- Responsible for arranging stacking rolls according to packaging
- Responsible for meeting standards relating to productivity,
quality and scrap daily.
- Filling out and submitting required paperwork daily.
- Other duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS
- Safety conscious
- Comfortable standing for entire shift
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. repetitively
- Previous manufacturing experience preferred
- Previous forklift experience is preferred
- 2 years of experience in manufacturing facility is
- Excellent communication skills for this hands-on role
- Must be fluent read/writing/speak English
- Minimum of a High School DiplomaWORKING CONDITIONS Tri-Seal
commits to making reasonable accommodation to the known physical or
mental limitations of qualified individuals with disabilities and
qualified disabled veterans, unless such accommodation would impose
an undue hardship on the conduct of its business. PHYSICAL
REQUIREMENTS List physical demands of the job such as standing for
extended periods of time, lifting requirements, repetitive tasks,
etc. The essential duties, physical demands and work environment
characteristics described are representative of those that must be
met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions
of this job. If possible, reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions where it may not cause undue hardship or safety risks to
the company and / or the employee. Tekni-Plex Rewards: At
Tekni-Plex, we value all of our people across the globe. We strive
to provide a work environment that leads to your professional
fulfillment. Since fulfillment means something different to
everyone, the rewards that Tekni-Plex provides globally are
appropriately diverse and suited to help you perform your best
inside and outside the company. Our rewards programs include: We
offer a full complement of valuable Health, Wellness, and Welfare
benefits which include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life and Disability
- 401(k) and Match
- Wellness Program including EAP
- Pay for Performance philosophyIf you'd like more information
about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click
on the following document names to download the files for review:
EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement .
Keywords: Tekni-Plex, Inc, Winston-Salem , Slitter Operator Continuous (D Shift), Other , Winston Salem, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!