Clinical Manager, RN (Home Health)
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Position: Clinical Manager (Home Health) - Full-Time
Office: Kernersville, SC
The Clinical Manager (CM), under the supervision of the
Administrator, provides clinical oversight over all patient care
services and staff providing care treatment and services to
patients of the agency on a daily basis.
- Provide oversight coordinating referrals to the agency with
internal and external referral sources.
- Screen patient referrals for appropriateness for
- Evaluate the agency's ability to meet the anticipated clinical
needs of patients prior to accepting the admission.
- Provide oversight related to making patient and partner
- Assure the development, implementation, and updates of the
patient's individualized POC.
- Provide oversight regarding all aspects of coordination of
patient care delivery.
- Assure that patient needs are continually assessed.
- Honor patients/residents' rights to fair and equitable
treatment, self-determination, individuality, privacy, property and
civil rights, including the right to wage complaints.
- Participate in center/agency surveys (Licensure / JCAHO) and
any subsequently required reports.
- Maintain operations daily workflow by timely completion of
tasks assigned to this role within the Home Care Home Based (HCHB)
- Utilize reporting capability for key indicators within HCHB and
Strategic Healthcare Partner (SHP) to achieve desired outcomes for
patients, billing and financial success.
- Collaborate with other key partners within organization to
achieve agency clinical operational and financial success.
- Coach, mentor and serve as preceptor to clinical partners to
achieve positive recruitment and retention objectives.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Implement employee relations practices necessary to establish
positive partner-partner relationships and promote a high level of
- Carry out the duties and responsibilities of this job (with or
without reasonable accommodation) without posing specific or
current risk of substantial harm to the health and safety of self
- Work closely with assigned peer staff including but not limited
to Scheduler(s) and Medical Record Specialist(s),
- Supervise all clinical staff providing direct patient
- Demonstrate flexibility, respond to change productively, and
handle additional projects as assigned.
- Demonstrate honesty and integrity at all times.
- Maintain confidentiality of all PHI within guidelines of "need
- Carry out all duties with a "Commitment to Caring," and in
accordance with the company's mission, vision, and philosophy.
- Follow all company policies and procedures, state and federal
laws and regulations, and report violations to the appropriate
- Must have timely, regular attendance.
- Must maintain positive and effective relationships with
management, partners, and the general public.
- Keep supervisor informed of daily activities and issues.
Propose solutions to all issues.
- Assist in providing orientation, ongoing training and mentoring
to clinical staff.
- Provide timely corrective action as needed to ensure best
practices and ongoing competencies are maintained for excellent
patient care delivery.
- Demonstrate appropriate episode planning with the Episode
Assessment Coordinator (EAC) to assure accuracy of HHRG scores upon
admission and recertification, and that utilization standards are
appropriate throughout the episode,
- Identify, complete, and follow up on performance improvement
reports, including monitoring of infection control and opportunity
- Remain an active participant in Quality Assurance Performance
Improvement (QAPI) initiatives as assigned.
- Make field visits as needed to evaluate appropriateness,
determine eligibility for services, present services, and/or
perform skilled services.
- Participate in administrative call rotation as requested.
- Prepare on-call rotation calendar; arrange back up staffing as
- Monitor agency patients who are hospitalized.
- Participate in all agency related Disaster Preparedness
- Perform periodic chart reviews, clinical, and billing audits to
ensure compliance with regulations, accreditation standards, and
organization and agency policies and procedures.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state and local regulations
and Joint commission (JC) accreditation standards.
- Participate in staff development programs and in-service
- Assist in providing education to staff, patient/patient
families, referral sources, physicians, and other community
- Complete competency assessments for clinical staff. Provide
mentoring and timely corrective action as needed to correct
identified areas for development.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- Nursing Degree from an accredited college or university, or is
a graduate of an accredited/approved RN program.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Two (2) years recent practical experience as an RN.
- One (1) year experience in home health required.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
- Current and unrestricted Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in
state of practice.
- Current CPR certification.
- Persons who have been found guilty by a court of law of
abusing, neglecting or mistreating individuals in a health care
related setting are ineligible for employment in this
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Preferred qualifications)
- Registered nurse, BSN.
- 4-5 years of recent nursing practical experience.
PruittHealth is an innovative, family-owned organization. We're
committed to providing exceptional care across a wide spectrum of
services, including skilled nursing care, assisted and independent
living, home health care, hospice care, rehabilitation, pharmacy
and infusion services, and more.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, all qualified
applicants will receive consideration without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran
Quick Apply Option:
Please email resume to email@example.com
Keywords: PruittHealth, Winston-Salem , Clinical Manager, RN (Home Health), Other , Kernersville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!