Customer Care Representative I
Company: Anthem, Inc.
Location: Winston Salem
Posted on: June 10, 2021
SHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it's a powerful
combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating greater
access to care for our members, greater value for our customers,
and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we
will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that
means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading
health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Customer Care Representative
Due to the current COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic, this
position will require you to work remotely from your home with the
flexibility to return to a regular, in-office work environment. As
we continue to monitor guidance from CDC and state officials there
may be times you would need to report to the office on a monthly or
quarterly basis for team meetings or engagement activities.
As a Customer Care Representative, you will act as a trusted
advisor and educator on health care related inquires. You will
guide our customers to a better healthcare experience, working
every day to make healthcare easy by the service you provide. If
you want to be a part of this exciting team, make a difference in
someone's life, and help make healthcare easy, apply today!
Here's what a typical day may look like:
- You will respond to customer questions via telephone and
written correspondence regarding insurance benefits, provider
contracts, eligibility and claims.
- You will analyze problems and provides
- You will operate a PC/image station to obtain and extract
information as well as document information, activities and changes
in the database.
- You will thoroughly document inquiry outcomes for accurate
tracking and analysis.
- You will develop and maintain positive customer relations and
coordinates with various functions within the company to ensure
customer requests and questions are handled appropriately and in a
- You will research and analyze data to address operational
challenges and customer service issues.
- You will provide external and internal customers with requested
information. Under immediate supervision, you will receive and
place follow-up telephone calls and/or e-mails to answer customer
questions that are routine in nature. You will use computerized
systems for tracking, information gathering and troubleshooting.
This requires limited knowledge of company services, products,
insurance benefits, provider contracts and claims.
- You will seek, understands and responds to the needs and
expectations of internal and external customers and be required to
meet department goals.
Here's what Anthem offers:
- A career path with opportunity for growth
- Ability to obtain your Associate's or bachelor's degree paid
for in full or further your education with tuition
- Affordable Health Insurance, Dental, Vision and Basic Life
- 401K match, Paid Time Off, Holiday Pay
- Annual incentive bonus and annual increases plan based on
At Anthem, the team is comprised of the best and the brightest
from diverse experiences, cultures, and backgrounds. The
differences we each bring to the table are a part of what makes our
company so successful.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent from an accredited
- 1 year of experience in automated customer service, including
excellent communication both verbal and written and problem-solving
skills; or any combination of education and experience, which would
provide an equivalent background.
- A passion for serving others with the ability to be empathetic
and the desire to go above and beyond to help resolve members
questions at the first point of contact
- A customer advocate willing to listen and find creative
solutions to address and resolve customers questions, issues, or
- A composed individual able to multi-task, navigating multiple
computer applications and working efficiently while communicating
and serving the customer
- Must have a strong work ethic and sense of responsibility to
your teammates and our members, demonstrated by the simplest things
like being on time and available to meet member's needs, to being
accountable for commitments made to customers or others and
ensuring follow-ups are completed.
- Flexible and quick learner, willing to adapt to changing
customer and business needs.
- Ability to work from home with internet access and a quiet and
- Ability to work any 8-hour shift between the hours of 830AM and
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America's Most Admired
Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2019
Diversity Inc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity.
To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
Keywords: Anthem, Inc., Winston-Salem , Customer Care Representative I, Other , Winston Salem, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!