Back End Maintainer
Company: Ardagh Group
Location: Winston Salem
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Ardagh Group is a global leader in metal and glass packaging
solutions, producing packaging for the world's leading brands. We
trace our roots all the way back to the Irish Glass Bottle Company,
founded in 1932. Since then, we have grown rapidly to a team of
more than 16,000 people with yearly revenues of approximately $7
billion. Today, we have a presence across Europe and the
Did you know.
- Ardagh produces many of the beverage cans and bottles you drink
your favorite beverages from?
- Metal and glass packaging we produce are permanent materials,
meaning they can be infinitely recycled without any loss of
- We produce more than 160 million containers per day across the
- Ardagh Metal - Beverage North America produces approximately
15.4 billion cans and 15.3 billion ends each year?
- Approximately 75% of aluminum ever produced is still in use
- Aluminum cans, with 73%, have the highest recycled content
among all beverage containers?
Ardagh is passionate about sustainability and has a reputation
for innovation. We push the boundaries of what's possible,
pioneering new production methods, new design techniques and new
ways to recycle and save energy. Our aim is to reduce any negative
environmental impact while remaining economically sustainable and
The Backend Maintainer is responsible for the setup, adjusting,
repairing, maintaining and overhaul of all backend-related
- Understands and complies with position related safety SOPs and
work instructions especially for LockoutTagout, Chemical Handling,
Machine Guarding, Housekeeping, SQF and Personal Protective
- Check schedule to determine need for changeover or conversion
or if scheduled maintenance is in order. Determine if schedule or
permits time for overhaul repair or readjustments required by
- Check machines and analyze any mechanical or operational
- Plan for and take corrective actions if necessary to maintain
optimal quality and production.
- Make changeovers or conversions by setting up assigned
equipment for change in material size or product. Operate equipment
to try out. Check, test and measure product for quality
specifications. Examine for visual defects. Make repair or overhaul
as required the printer attachments coating ovens and the internal
and bottom coating equipment and the associated transfer equipment
and mechanical control devices short of machining parts.
- Replace worn or damaged parts. Retime machine action.
- Instruct train and certify other equipment operators and
mechanics as directed. Operate, repair, clean and lubricate
equipment as required to maintain production. Clear jams. Check
supplies and add or change materials.
- Request or obtain additional quantities of supplies.
- Examine test and measure product from assigned equipment for
quality specifications, using appropriate gauges and instruments
and record date.
- Read schematics, prints and exploded views of machinery and
equipment. Interpret and follow procedural manuals, manufacturers'
guides and operation instructions.
- Perform Preventative Maintenance inspection of assigned
equipment report findings and take appropriate action. Perform
maintenance work orders as required.
- Analyze spoilage as to cause and take corrective action. Notify
supervisor of any incidences of recurring equipment malfunctions
and corrective action taken and of any poor quality material or
supplies noted. Operate equipment and assist production as
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and EXPERIENCE
- Familiar with Personal Protective Equipment
- Mechanically inclined familiar with hand tools
- Familiar with proper handling of chemicalssolvents
- Previous mechanical experience in a fast-paced manufacturing
- Minimum of 2 years previous mechanical experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Experience working with PLC controls and a basic electrical
KEY JOB COMPETENCIES and PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Able to stand for a long duration of time in excess of 8 hours
- Able to bend and rotate body repeatedly Able to lift up to 60
- Exposure to heat, cold, vibrations, odors, fumes and loud
- Able to perform fine manipulations with hands
- Able to climb stairs frequently
- Able to visually differentiate colors
- Willing and able to work overtime, weekends, holidays and night
Ardagh Group North America has been and will continue to be an
equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made
without regard to sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth,
breast feeding, and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender
identity, gender expression, race, creed, religion (including
religious dress and grooming), color, national origin, ancestry
(including association, affiliation, or participation with persons
or activities related to national origin, English-proficiency or
accent, or immigration status), physical or mental disability,
medical condition, genetic information, marital or domestic partner
status, age, veteran or military status or any other basis
prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination against
any employee or applicant based on any of these factors is
For more information on Ardagh Group, visit
Nearest Major Market: Salem
Nearest Secondary Market: Winston
Keywords: Ardagh Group, Winston-Salem , Back End Maintainer, Other , Winston Salem, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!