Metrology Quality Engineer
Company: Ingersoll Rand
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Metrology / Quality Engineer position is responsible for
developing Precision Metrology as a primary core competency for the
Ingersoll Rand Mocksville facility in alignment with the Precision
Machining Network of Excellence. The role will improve our current
processes and identify, develop, and deploy future processes
utilizing industry leading, cutting-edge technology necessary to
define what good looks like, support the creation of a road map to
get to good and delivery robust solutions to achieve it. The
position is also responsible to evaluate the current process and
equipment to enable a fact-based gap/opportunity analysis as the
foundation of the roadmap. Deployment initiatives will include
creation of standard work, process controls, quality, and safety
elements and skills development of stakeholders.
Job Responsibilities (others may be added):
- Ensure measurement systems are available and capable to support
production as needed
- Create capable, repeatable, and reproducible CMM programs using
Quindos and Calypso programming languages
- Create, implement, and improve quality systems in support of
precision machining and assembly operations
- Increase capability, competency and capacity in precision
metrology in IR Mocksville facility.
- Deliver technology and shop solutions for precision
manufacturing measurement systems.
- Execute tactical experiments to validate technology and
solutions for precision manufacturing process.
- Create standards for gaging equipment, technology, measurement
and calibration schema, control plans, feedback loops to machining
- Develop and implement recommendations for improving efficiency
and profitability at the Mocksville site.
- Increase process optimization driven through in New Product
Development and Structured Problem Solving
- Utilize proven tools such as 3P, Moonshining, Advanced Product
Quality Planning (APQP), Dynamic Control Plans (DCP), 8D's, Project
Management, best practice leveraging, standard work deployment,
- Drive engineering principles and discipline through mentoring,
training and project reviews.
- Provide/support training to stakeholders in key areas related
to precision machining.
- Develop and implement recommendations for improving precision
capability and efficiency at the Mocksville plant.
- Work in coordination with cross-functional teams to deliver
- Ability to translate engineering goals and objectives into
successful strategies that lead to tactical plans is required for
- Ability to coach people, manage technology, embrace financial
goals and utilize customer-focused decision-making.
Degree Required & Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or euquivalent and
at least 5 years work experience in a manufacturing engineering
environment is required.
- 5 years of precision measurement experience is a plus.
- Masters or higher degree is a plus.
Essential Skills or Knowledge:
- Advanced machine metrology methods and equipment.
- Deep understanding of ASME B89 and ISO 10360
- CMM programming capability with particular interest in Quindos
- Direct leadership of continuous improvement initiatives.
- Process standardization (equipment, tools, standard work,
training, design guides, etc.).
- Deep working knowledge of precision machining processes,
electromechanical systems and CNC/PLC applications.
- Ability to systematically assess manufacturing issues related
to achieving challenging geometries and tolerancing.
- Full understanding of machine tool architecture and
- Advanced problem solving in mechanical, electronic and
- Ability to utilize engineering principles to develop robust
- Fluent knowledge of Manufacturing Engineering, Machining,
assembly and quality control processes.
- Communication, team leadership, teamwork and collaboration
skills at all levels of the organization (operator to sector
- Strong leadership skills to drive engineering principles and
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Extensive PC Skills: Excel, Word, and Oracle
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of
our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identify, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status,
disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected
If you are a person with a disability and need assistance
applying for a job please submit a request to
Keywords: Ingersoll Rand, Winston-Salem , Metrology Quality Engineer, Other , Mocksville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!