Great Culture, Career Opportunities, and Benefits
Join us and find out how much your career can grow!
First Horizon Bank began in 1864, in Memphis, Tennessee and
we've remained dedicated to our clients, associates, and
communities for over 150 years. Our culture and diversity shape the
way we do business. It's resulted in numerous awards and growth
into a top 25 bank with locations across the Southeast. We're
publicly traded under the ticker symbol "FHN" on the NYSE. Join us
and represent the distinguished First Horizon organization with
other stellar associates!
Visit us: Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram |
A Day in the Life of a Universal Banker at First Horizon
A successful Universal Banker is versatile, flexible, and
talented. You are the associate that can do almost anything within
the banking center. You'll process transactions, open new accounts,
and seek sales opportunities. You will be trained to educate
clients on our products, services, and benefits. This position is a
great one if you value teamwork, a fast-paced environment, and the
ideal job to grow a career in banking!
- Collaborate with team members to provide outstanding customer
service to our existing and potential clients.
- Deliver exceptional service while processing daily financial
- Build client relationships by listening to our client's needs
and meeting their financial goals.
- Provide teller/platform support as needed to keep the lines to
a minimum and to provide quality customer service.
- Teller support - performing daily processing of financial
transactions, i.e. deposits, handling currency, coin, and cashing
Platform support - opening checking accounts, savings accounts,
and providing all other deposit product services. Actively inform
clients of products / services, identify their financial needs,
follow through, and close sales.
- Have a working knowledge and understanding of other bank
services, i.e. Treasury Management, Merchant Services.
- Explain product benefits, changes, restrictions, requirements,
and any other relevant product information to clients.
- Cross-sell and make referrals to bank partners to generate new
business and deepen existing client relationships, participate in
client calling activities during special deposit/loan
- Take loan applications for personal/retail consumer needs and
"handing off" the processing of these applications to the
- Assist Banking Center Mangers with "on the job training" of new
- Participate in Banking Center meetings to enhance knowledge of
sales initiatives/processes, bank products, operational processes
and "exceptional" customer service delivery.
- Assist Banking Center associates with all aspects of daily
operations as needed.
- Perform all other job related duties as assigned.
Banking Center Hours
Monday - Friday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: Closed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
ability required and may be substituted with an equivalent
combination of education and experience.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and at
least 1 year of experience as either a Teller or as a Relationship
Banker, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience with a 10-key calculator, coin counter, and Microsoft
Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) is desired.
Note: As part of the employment process for this position, you
will have to meet the requirements of a background credit check.
This position requires compliance with the S.A.F.E Mortgage
Licensing Act of 2008 and all related regulations. Ongoing
employment is contingent upon meeting all such requirements.
Compensation and Benefits for Full-Time Associates
We offer career growth and a competitive Total Rewards Package
- Health, dental and vision coverage for different individual and
- Company provided dollars to help pay for benefit premiums
- Health Savings Account with the ability to earn company
- Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare and dependent
- 401(k) employer match up to 6%
- Generous paid time off for vacation and holidays
- Life, accident, and disability insurance
- Wellness programs, platforms and incentives
- Medical Decision Support
- Paid short and long-term disability leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Adoption Assistance
- Associate Relief Fund
- Associate Recognition programs
- Vacation Donation Program
- Payday every other Friday
- Corporate Mentorship Program
- Flexible and remote work for many positions