Police Officer (PRN)
Company: Ashe Memorial Hospital
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: At Ashe Memorial Hospital, we are driven
by our Mission Statement,"To meet the needs of the community by
delivering patient-centered, high quality health care." We are
looking for a candidate who works great as a team player with all
departments, staff, and future employees with positive
representation of Ashe Memorial Hospital. This is your opportunity
to make a large difference in a small community! Must be willing to
receive all required vaccinations (i.e., flu shot, etc.). All new
employees working must be fully vaccinated as a condition of
employment (unless the new hire has requested and received an
exemption). Candidates for employment will be notified of this
policy requirement prior to the start of employment. After
receiving an offer of employment, new employees must provide proof
of vaccination or request and receive an exemption before beginning
work.A Company Police Officer acts as a law enforcement officer on
the Ashe Memorial Hospital Campus, providing physical protection of
life and property for patients, family, visitors and staff. A
Company Police Officer is responsible for a great many security and
safety duties including, but not limited to, firefighting, key and
lock security, and money transport. Duties require the exercise of
independent judgment in the application and enforcement of laws,
regulations and hospital policies. Work is performed under the
supervision of the Manager of Security (Company Police Chief) and
is evaluated through conferences, written reports and annual
evaluations.Minimum Job Qualifications:Education:
- Possess or is qualified to possess a Probationary Certification
issued by the North Carolina Training and Standards Commission
- Meets requirements of G.S. 74-E preferred. Experience:
- Prior experience or training in law enforcement preferred.
- Basic Law Enforcement Certificate.
- Current F-9A Firearms Certificate.
- Current CPR certification. Language Skills:
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Additional language skills preferred. Other Skills:
- Basic computer knowledge. Expected Hours of Work: PRN employees
work up to 24 hours/week. Shifts vary; some evening, weekend, and
holiday work required. Personal Protective Equipment: Must be able
and willing to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
required to perform the job safely. Supervisory Responsibility:
This position has no supervisory responsibilities. Travel:
None.Additional Minimum Employment Requirements:
- Annual Health & Safety Inservice (commonly referred to as
- Back Safety/Body Mechanics.
- Annual Employee Health Screening. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Physical protection of life and property within the bounds of
the Ashe Memorial Hospital Campus.
- Response to all felony and misdemeanor crimes and disturbances
occurring on Ashe Memorial property.
- Compiling and submitting a variety of reports including, but
not limited to, theft, accident, fire, incident and daily log.
- Enforcement of all NC General Statue on the Ashe Memorial
- Responds to all fire and other safety alarms.
- Stays in radio or beeper contact with Ashe Memorial at all
times during his or her tour of duty.
- Operates the Ashe Memorial heliport as set forth by hospital
policy, when requested.
- Reports any equipment malfunctions or problems with the
building or the grounds to Plant Operations.
- Reports any violation of the safety policy or unsafe conditions
to the Chief of Police and Safety or to the Manager's
- Transports all hospital bank deposits and mail when
- Performs related duties as required or assigned.
- Goals from previous performance evaluation were met. Working
- Ability to lift a minimum of 75 pounds.
- Visual and hearing ability for police activities.
- General indoor conditions, some outdoor exposure to below 32
degrees and above 80 degree temperatures.
- Noise: light to moderate noise.
- Good verbal and written communication skills necessary for job
- Call, weekend, and evening work required.
- Must be able to respond to the facility within 30 minutes for
call purposes. Occupational Hazards:
- Potential for exposure to infections patients or materials is
- Potential for exposure to hazardous and toxic substances such
as and cleaning solutions.
- Potential for sticks or cuts by needles and other sharp
- Potential for musculoskeletal injuries if proper lifting and
carrying techniques are not used.To apply, please fill out an
application, attach a cover letter, and resume. Include gaps in
employment and reasons for separation.Criminal background check and
pre-employment drug screen required upon conditional job offer.
***Benefits apply the 1st of the month following employment, per
policy.****For full job description and benefits, please contact
Human Resources. Ashe Memorial Hospital is an equal opportunity
employer and, as such, considers individuals for employment
according to their abilities and performance. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions of the position without
compromising patient care. Employment decisions are made without
regard to race, age, religion, color, sex, national origin,
physical or mental disability, marital or veteran status, sexual
orientation, genetic information, or any other classification
protected by law. All employment requirements mandated by local,
state, and federal regulations will be observed.
Keywords: Ashe Memorial Hospital, Winston-Salem , Police Officer (PRN), Other , Jefferson, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!