RN Hospice Nurse - PRN
Location: North Wilkesboro
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Description -Hospice RN - PRN -1 -2 - Shifts Weekly - -Stay
Safe, Stay Healthy. Join PruittHealth, where the health and safety
of our workforce is a top priority -We believe family makes us
stronger and we are committed to keeping our PruittHealth family
safe. -If you're looking for a home, rather than just a job, then
now is the time to join the PruittHealth family of providers. We
call our employees "partners" to represent our commitment to each
other. We are committed to our partners' professional growth and
reward partners who advocate for safety and contribute to quality
care and services. - PruittHealth is one of the first health care
companies in the country to commit to a vaccinated workplace.Why
work for Pruitt HealthHospice is not a job but a calling! -Thanks
to our PruittHealth Hospice caregivers, home is where the healing
takes place. -That's why we attract hospice clinicians who are
passionate about providing the highest quality level of care
possible for our patients. Being a hospice caregiver, takes
compassion, integrity, patience, and leadership skills. - Apply
today and make a profound difference in caring for one patient at a
time. -For Your CommitmentPruittHealth Hospice partners have access
to a progressive salary and -benefits plan, mileage reimbursement,
opportunity for career growth and development, reasonable
caseloads, and a -flexible schedule that fits your lifestyle- plus
a great team environment that reflects our commitment to caring for
our 16,000 partners. - -Job Purpose: - -Screen referral for
appropriateness and perform admission to facilitate the transition
of the patient and family into the hospice program. Also
responsible to Case Manage patients and families to ensure symptom
management, patient and family education, medication management,
coordination of hospice services and provide excellent
-communication with the patient's physician.Key
- Coordinates the interdisciplinary care team for assigned
patients and is -designated to coordinate the implementation of the
plan of care.
- Provides the primary nursing care for hospice patients,
regardless of the setting.
- Assumes full responsibility for professional management of
assigned hospice patients' care related to the patient's terminal
- Teaches the primary caregiver skills that are needed to care
for the patient in their residence.
- Works closely with the attending physician and other team
members to develop appropriate pain and symptom management.
- Completes nursing assessments and admissions of patients.
- Maintains the clinical record to meet federal, state, and
agency regulations and guidelines.
- Supervises hospice aides and certified nurse aides, making a
supervisory visit at least every 14 days, and face to face at least
- Assumes all on-call responsibilities as assigned.
- Participates in Performance Improvement Program.
- Participates in and presents inservice programs, team
conferences, and staff meetings.
- Provides skilled nursing care to assigned patients/families as
outlined in the plan of care.
- Participates in the development of the patient/family
interdisciplinary care plan.
- For patients residing in a skilled nursing facility, the RN
Case Manager will have responsibility for managing the patients'
symptoms related to the terminal illness.
- Verify by patients visit and review of documentation that the
caregivers in the SNF are carrying out the plan of care as
- Have ultimate responsibility for developing and integrating the
plan of care with the hospice team and the SNF team to assure one
integrated plan of care that reflects the hospice philosophy.
- For patients receiving private home care services, the RN Case
manager shall supervise the certified nursing aide, sitters, and
companion services assigned to patients.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the DHS or the
Administrator.Quick Apply Option:To Apply, Please Email -
-Qualifications -Minimum Education Required:
- Nursing degree from an accredited college or universityMinimum
- A minimum of one (1) years RN experience is desirable.
- Hospice, Home Care, Med/Surg, Oncology -experience is
preferred.Mininum License/Certification Required By Law: - - -
- Currently licensed as an RN in the states where you will
- Must have current driver's license and valid automobile
- Must have certification in basic life support CPR.Preferred
- Ability to work effectively independently and within an
- Orientation to Hospice and any other training that may be
necessary to complete the assigned duties effectively.
- Communicates well with patients/residents/clients and family
members providing warm and friendly greeting and an approachable
attitude to families, visitors, patients/residents/clients and
responds to expressed concerns while displaying a helpful, caring
demeanor. - Answers questions when appropriate in a professional
manner. -As an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, all qualified
applicants will receive consideration without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran
status.PruittHealth is a COVID-19 vaccine-mandated employer. All
new Partners are required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination
or receive a religious exemptions on a case-by-case basis.
-PruittHealth Hospice -is a division of the PruittHealth
Corporation, an innovative, family-owned organization. - We're
committed to providing exceptional care across a wide spectrum of
services, including skilled nursing care, assisted and independent
living, home health care, hospice care, rehabilitation, pharmacy,
infusion services, and more.Job: NursingPrimary Location: North
Carolina-North WilkesboroSchedule: PRNShift: 1st ShiftJob Posting:
Aug 31, 2022, 2:16:14 PM
Keywords: PruittHealth, Winston-Salem , RN Hospice Nurse - PRN, Other , North Wilkesboro, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!