Yard Worker / Puller
Company: Berry Home Centers, Inc.
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Berry Home Centers, a locally owned leader in the building material
industry, is continuing to experience growth and expansion and we
are currently accepting applications for a Yard Worker/Puller. We
take pride in employing a knowledgeable staff capable of meeting
the needs of professional builders, do-it-yourself homeowners,
remodelers, and architects by delivering high quality building
materials. We value our customer, employee and vendor relationships
and our community.
Yard Worker/Puller tasks include:
* Loads and unloads material onto or from pallets, trucks or
customer's vehicles and installs strapping, bracing, or padding to
prevent shifting or damage in transit.
* Drives various lifting devices (e.g., forklift) to move products,
equipment and material around the warehouse, inside the location
* Matches goods received with purchase orders.
* Performs load-building, determining the appropriate weight,
composition, and placement of load based on customer order and
capacity of delivery vehicle to ensure load is balance and safe for
* Conveys material to or from storage to designated area using hand
truck and forklift.
* Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials and marks
information on cases, units, or other containers to provide correct
identification of item.
* Effectively communicate with other team members and supervisory
* Maintain a clean, organized, and safe work area.
* Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds frequently and up
to 100 pounds occasionally.
* Must be able to stoop, climb, lift, bend, push and kneel.
* Must be able to work in dusty and/or noisy environments with
* Communication with customers, peers, and management.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Ability to successfully interact with all organization levels and
* Forklift experience preferred.
* Building material knowledge preferred.
* Carpentry skills preferred.
Berry Home Centers offers competitive pay commensurate with ability
In addition to an exciting work environment and a compensation
program that recognizes commitment and hard work, Berry Home
Centers offers benefits packages for eligible employees
Paid Time Off
Voluntary Long-term Disability
Voluntary Dental Insurance
Voluntary Accident and Cancer Insurance
Additional Voluntary Life Insurance
Qualified Individuals may apply through Indeed or in person at our
Berry Home Centers store located at 170 East Main St., Chilhowie,
*PLEASE NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned
to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required.*
Job Type: Full-time
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Berry Home Centers, Inc., Winston-Salem , Yard Worker / Puller, Other , Chilhowie, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!