Laundry Attendant (Full Time, $15.00)
Company: Wake Forest University
Location: Winston Salem
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Application Instructions:External Applicants: Please upload your
resume on the Apply screen. Your application will automatically
populate your resume details, and you may verify and update data on
the My Information page. Please add your cover letter and any other
documents required for the position to the Resume/CV document
upload section at the bottom of the My Experience application page.
Use the Select Files button to add multiple documents including
your cover letter and supporting documents. The My Experience page
is the only opportunity to add your cover letter and supporting
document attachments. You will not be able to modify your
application after you submit it. Current Employees: Apply from your
existing Workday account. Do not apply from the website. Log in to
Workday. Click on the Career Worklet and select Find Jobs. Locate
the position and click Apply. Update your Education and Job
History.** Cover letter required for all positions and optional for
facilities, campus services, and hospitality positions unless
otherwise specified.Job Description SummaryUnder general
supervision, the Laundry Attendant is responsible for collecting,
sorting, washing, drying, ironing, folding and dispensing all
linens, towels, cloth napkins and rags.Job DescriptionEssential
- Follows assigned job tasks issued by the supervisor on a daily
- Stocks linen closets; removes soiled linens from deposit
- Sorts linen daily.
- Loads and unloads all washer extractors in the manner
prescribed by the supervisor.
- Maintains chemical laundry products and ensures the proper
dispensing of chemicals to the washer extractor.
- Operates the flatwork ironer.
- Cleans and disinfects laundry carts on a daily basis.
- Reports problems or malfunctions of laundry equipment to the
- Follow safety regulations at all times.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Maintains a good level of employee and guest relations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.Required Education,
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Completion of some high school diploma and six months
experience, or an equivalent combination of education and
- Ability to read and understand safety procedures, cleaning
instructions, and schedules.
- Ability to maintain effective customer relations.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and time management
- Physical Requirements: medium work; exerting up to 50 pounds
occasionally and/ or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up
to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Reaching,
standing, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, repetitive
motions. Close visual acuity. Subject to inside and outside
environmental conditions. Subject to hazards.Additional Job
DescriptionTime Type RequirementFull timeNote to Applicant:This
position profile identifies the key responsibilities and
expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job
tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are
required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform
job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her
supervisor.In order to provide a safe and productive learning and
living community, Wake Forest University conducts background
investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates
being considered for employment.WakeForestseeks to recruit and
retain a diverse workforce while promoting an inclusive work
environment committed to excellence in the spirit of Pro
Humanitate.In adherence with applicable laws and as provided by
University policies, the University prohibits discrimination in its
employment practices on thebasis of race, color, religion, national
origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and
expression, genetic information, disability and veteran
statusandencourages qualified candidates across all group
demographics to apply.
Keywords: Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem , Laundry Attendant (Full Time, $15.00), Other , Winston Salem, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!