Recreation Specialist - EOE Including Disability and Veterans
Company: Blue Ridge Job Corps
Posted on: May 24, 2023
Position Recreation Specialist Reports To Recreation Supervisor
Department Recreation FLSA STATUSNon-Exempt - Full Time Primary
Position Objectives Responsible for developing, conducting, and
supervising/chaperoning a wide variety of leisure-time activities
for all students. Shifts will vary, must be available evenings and
weekends. Brief Description of Duties
- Assists with work involved in planning, organizing, and
carrying out department's total recreational services.
- Explains and demonstrates the uses of supplies and equipment,
and the techniques and procedures used in the activity
- Exercises professional judgement and responsibility in the
conduct of the specialty activities.
- Administers a well-rounded program of diversified activities in
the assigned recreation component.
- Submits all supply needs, giving suggested source of supply to
- Keeps a daily record of attendance in the assigned recreational
activities, arts and crafts, movie, weight room, intramurals,
- Maintains discipline, cleanliness and inventory control in
- Posts schedules of monthly activities and special events.
- Submits a schedule of special activities for the upcoming month
to supervisor on the last Wednesday of each month.
- Submits list of monthly off-Center cultural activities and
other events, which will be placed on the upcoming month's calendar
of off-Center trips.
- Maintains a stocked first aid kit in assigned area where it is
clearly visible and accessible.
- Maintains recreational equipment.
- Assists in recruitment of volunteers and supervises and gives
direction to any volunteer personnel assigned to the recreation
- Projects a positive self-image and encourages enthusiastic
participation in recreation programs.
- Chaperones and directs off-Center trips and ensures necessary
funds are available for the trips.
- Submits time sheets and other reports timely and according to
- Assists with and trains student leaders according to Center
- Follows CDSS plan and Code of Conduct system daily.
- Complies with all DOL guidelines, OFCCP regulation, Quality
Assurance Plan (QAP) Serrato policies and procedures, Job Corps
notices and bulletins, and Center policies and procedures.
- Adheres to required property control policies and
- Maintains good housekeeping in all areas and complies with
- Demonstrates and abides by Serrato Corporation's core values
and operating principles.
- Models, mentors, monitors appropriate Career Success
- Helps students become more employable through continuous
- Participates in PRH mandated staff training. - Failure to
participate may result in disciplinary action up to and including
- Performs other duties as assigned. Key Competencies Performance
Standards/Results Effective Communication
- Presents information both clearly and concisely and regularly
confirms correct interpretation of information.
- Very high standard of communication skills both written and
verbal for the presentation of facts and ideas.
- Shows professional non-verbal body language and actively
listens to others. - Organization of Work
- Action oriented. Demonstrates the ability to handle several
projects simultaneously with decision making, flexibility, and
- Implements the key principles of time management, task
allocation and priority assignment in addition to personal
- Shows attention to detail and ability to complete work with the
highest level of accuracy and efficiency.
- Continually seek ways to improve employment service provided
via development of professional skills and personal growth.
- Demonstrates professional interpersonal skills when interacting
with others. Abides by Serrato Corporation's Healthy Workplace
- Acts as team player and builds professional relationships with
coworkers to achieve goals. Qualifications
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word,
Power Point, Outlook, and Excel.
- Computer literacy with basic computer functions, email,
internet, ans basic programs such as Adobe Acrobat.
- High level of communication, interpersonal skills, and
- Knowledge of recreation activities, games, sports, arts and
crafts etc.... Experience Minimum of one to two years related
experience and/or training. One-year related experience working
with youth and young adults.
Education Associate of Arts Degree, preferably in a related field.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid State Driver's License; valid Commercial Driver's License
Class B CDL with passenger endorsements. - -
- Lifeguard certificate preferred. Physical Demands The physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. - -
The employee is occasionally required to sit; to use hands and
finger to handle or feel; to taste and to smell. The employee must
be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific
vision capabilities required by this job include close vision,
distance vision, and peripheral vision. Work Environment The work
environment characteristics described here are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. - While performing the duties of this job, the employee
is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise
level can vary from moderate to loud. Benefits Offered
- Paid Short Term / Long Term Disability and basic life
- Health care insurance available (medical, dental, vision,
critical illness, accident, HSA, and FSA)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- 401K -& 401K -Matching
- Tutiton Reimbursement -
- Employee Assistance Counseling Service ProgramDisclaimers
- Serrato Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Serrato Corporation conducts background checks and drug
Keywords: Blue Ridge Job Corps, Winston-Salem , Recreation Specialist - EOE Including Disability and Veterans, Other , Marion, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...