Company: Hanes Brands
Location: Winston Salem
Posted on: February 12, 2020
The Supply Chain Optimization Analyst I performs process
analysis, process improvement and implementation of proven advanced
business initiatives across the global supply chain. Under direct
supervision, projects may involve: inventory optimization and
management, supply planning, S&OP, advanced scheduling,
financial modeling and supporting metrics. Projects will frequently
entail a blend of process redesign, new technology enablers, system
integration and change management. The scope of this position
includes functions and processes that support nearly $5.0 billion
in sales, involve more than 190,000 products, and span the globe
with more than 150 manufacturing locations.
As a team member, incumbent will leverage an understanding of
supply chain theory and then practically apply both theory and
supporting analysis to optimize working capital investment,
customer service and inventory investment. Incumbent must be able
to assist on multiple projects, work across multiple functions and
have advanced communication skills to achieve their targeted supply
chain savings goals. Incumbent will help develop business cases
that credibly communicate analytical results to many levels of the
organization, across all functional areas and include interactions
with Executive and Senior Management.
Assist in the maintenance of the Target Inventory Level (TIL)
process across the organization with the primary objective of
setting a global inventory mix that achieves targeted customer
Manage the process:
- On a consistent, on-going basis, establish and adjust critical
inventory targets for each sku based on the current supply chain
profile including factors such as:
- Forecast error, lead-time, demand trends/volatility, receipt
intervals and desired service levels.
- Promotions, distribution and account changes, product phase in
& phase outs
- Respond to ad hoc requests for TIL changes and reviews.
- Assist in integrating newly acquired businesses onto the
- Assist with seasonal max build strategies and setting.
- Conduct training of new users across the business. Monitor the
- Conduct master data analysis on key inputs to improve accuracy
and integrity of results.
- Generate TIL alerts to indicate changes in underlying
assumptions that will lead to potential problems.
- Monitor performance of planners to maintain TILs within
predetermined targeted range.
- Monitor sku level demand signals for changes in average monthly
demand or variation levels.
- Develop and maintain a dashboard of inventory management &
optimization key performance indicators (KPI's) that track
inventory quality, turnover, customer service fill rates and
- Provide ad hoc analysis, reports, and special projects as
- Analyze slow moving, obsolete and stranded inventory. Conduct
root cause analysis for excess inventory and stock outs at each
node and develop recommendations that drive supply chain
improvements. Assist in strategic process optimization
Analyze existing business processes and operating models:
- Map and gap existing processes looking for ways to eliminate,
automate and improve.
- Create and run simulation models where appropriate.
- Provide a transformation roadmap of quick hit, tactical and
strategic opportunities that leverages people, process and
- Create implementation plan and business case with major
- Deliver the targeted value along with required change
management, training and sustaining metrics Optimize the global
end-to-end supply chain planning process:
- Work cross-functionally with Forecasting, Marketing, Sales,
Capacity Planning, and Supply Planning functions to align with
Sales & Operations Planning strategies and goals.
- With direction, leverage supply chain maturity models, best
practices and supply chain knowledge to analyze and apply the
correct planning techniques for each problem.
- Assist in the design and deployment of advanced supply chain
planning systems. Minimum:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in
Operations Research, Supply Chain Management, Statistics,
Analytics, Computer Science, Industrial Engineering or related
- 2 - 3 years using quantitative methods to analyze and improve
- Exposure in some or all of following: strategic supply chain
design, demand planning, forecasting, supply planning, sales &
operations planning, production planning, advanced scheduling, DRP,
inventory optimization, and supplier management.
- Working knowledge of implementation methodologies, project
planning, and management of client expectations and
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic statistical analysis.
- Proficient use of MS Office tools is required including Excel,
PowerPoint, and Word.
- Excellent interpersonal, including strong verbal and written
communication skills necessary to work effectively with all levels
of the organization as well as geographically disbursed teams.
- Highly motivated self-starter, driven for results, effective at
prioritizing and managing complex initiatives. Preferred:
- Experience in the consumer packaged goods and/or textile and
apparel industries is preferred
- Experience using SCOR, APICS and CSCMP frameworks to design and
transform manufacturing supply chains. APICS or CSCMP Certification
- Experience in working on large scale supply chain
transformation initiatives that included system integration and
substantial change management.
- Experience in business process improvement and/or
- Knowledge or experience with advanced planning software such as
IBM IPFA, Adexa, SAP APO or Oracle Value Chain Planning.
- Knowledge or experience with some or all of the following
tools: SAS JMP, Crystal Ball and Arena.
- Practical knowledge of manipulating, cleansing, aggregating,
and compiling analytic data
- Practical knowledge of relational databases including ability
to write basic SQL queries.
- Advanced Excel skills including experience in VBA and data
analysis add-ins very desired. To qualify, applicants must be
legally authorized to work in the United States and should not
require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of
the application and hiring process should contact us directly:
Keywords: Hanes Brands, Winston-Salem , Optimization Analyst, Professions , Winston Salem, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!