Business Analyst - Insurance [Remote]
Location: Winston Salem
Posted on: November 22, 2021
We make good things happen by recognizing and rewarding people for
taking the high road. How? By reinventing insurance that celebrates
people's mindful choices.
Insurance was fundamentally a brilliant idea, but it always had a
key challenge - it couldn't identify and acknowledge the positive
decisions that individuals made along the way. But when we apply
smart mobile technologies, we can. And that's what we do. We help
our customers save on their monthly bill. But more importantly,
they join a growing movement of people who dare to live more
mindfully because doing so is simply better for everyone.
We're a well-funded, talent dense team of people who care about
using our skills to do good. From data science, to design,
engineering, insurance, product, research, user experience and
beyond - we believe in people who believe they can make the world
even better. Join us, and let's build the higher path that is
We're looking for an accomplished and well-rounded Insurance Senior
Business Analyst or Business Analyst. For this role, we are seeking
a candidate with a background in an operations or underwriting role
for a P&C insurance carrier - an experienced insurance
professional with demonstrated knowledge and practical application
of the fundamentals of underwriting, regulatory requirements and
the policy lifecycle. In your role as a business analyst on the
Insurance Product team, you will help bridge the areas of product,
underwriting, insurance, billing & payment, claims and technology
to help our business delivery change at an ever increasing pace.
You will be actively involved in feature design and business
requirements, so this is a role for someone who wants to get their
hands dirty in a fast-paced startup environment. Prior experience
as a business analyst with a proven track record of delivering
project success across a variety of insurance product lines and
system architectures is valuable in this role.
You will be a problem solver who can consult widely, synthesize
information from multiple sources, formulate options and shepherd
complex problems through to decision. In doing this, you will
leverage your strong insurance knowledge and experience with
insurance and related digital systems. You will report to our
Manager - Insurance Product.
* US P&C Insurance industry business experience is required -
auto or homeowners
* 3-5+ years minimum experience in the insurance industry, minimum
2 of those years in an operations or underwriting role
* You're solutions focused and an effective problem solver.
* You're a clear communicator who can have crucial conversations
* You're able to work effectively with a high degree of
independence and flexibility.
* You have experience with Policy Administration and/or Billing
* Bachelor's degree in Technology, Engineering, Business/Economics,
Science or Mathematics or similar fields
* Proven experience in analyst roles
* You'll work cross-functionally across all areas of the
organization (insurance, pricing, underwriting, claims, developers,
insights, legal, product, user experience designers and other
subject matter experts) to obtain a well-rounded understanding of
what is being asked for and our ability to deliver it within the
constraints of our environment.
* You'll translate stakeholder inputs into meaningful business
requirements and rules, and then into stories that the scrum teams
can deliver against.
* You'll create and maintain detailed documentation on products and
processes using a wide variety of technical tools that are
* You'll create user acceptance criteria for developers and QA to
reflect all business requirements and scenarios for assigned
* You'll perform user acceptance testing on new features and
validate new operational procedures
* You may assist in identifying, managing and facilitating the
resolution of risks, issues and defects
* Insurance Industry professional designation (CPCU, etc)
* Strong preference to candidates with both insurance business
experience and technical business analyst experience.
* Salary: We pay competitive salaries factoring in experience,
skill set, and location. We do not offer equity.
* We provide a wide-selection of health and welfare benefits
including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and supplemental
income plans. We also offer a 401(k) Plan with a company match.
* Wellness and Time Off: We provide Headspace subscriptions, a
wellness allowance, and generous time off including four weeks of
PTO in the first year of employment with additional time granted
upon hire. New parents may also take eight weeks of fully paid
parental leave (plus four weeks for parents who give birth) which
may be taken within one year after the birth and/or the adoption of
* Professional learning and growth: We provide a generous allowance
each year for professional learning, continuing education, and
* Location: May work from anywhere in the US, but will need to be
actively available during core meeting hours to collaborate with
team members across all time zones.
* Some travel may be required.
* Candidates based in the San Francisco Bay Area will be able to
commute to the SF office for in-person meetings and other
gatherings. Frequency TBD.
This role is employed by BlueOwl, LLC. BlueOwl, LLC is a separate
company in the State Farm family of companies and is the solutions
provider for the HiRoad Assurance Company.
Keywords: HiRoad, Winston-Salem , Business Analyst - Insurance [Remote], Professions , Winston Salem, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!