Field Technician (Construction Equipment)
Company: Find A Wrench, LLC
Location: Rural Hall
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Our client, International Drilling Equipment (IDE), is looking
for experienced field technicians to join their team! The Field
Service Technician reports to the service field manager and is
responsible for the effective repair of machine components in the
field, at high levels of quality. This individual must work
independent of direct supervision in a field environment. This
position has responsibility for:
- Recondition and repair all equipment components and systems as
assigned by the field foreman.
- Plan methods and sequence of performing repairs assigned
- Pre-Order all parts and materials required to perform assigned
- Effect the repairs required in a safe and effective manner
- Ensure all repairs are completed as assigned
- Ensure the cosmetic appearance upon completion as required
- Ensure all parts and materials not used are returned as per
- Maintain good working records for time, parts, supplies and
outside purchases in repairs.
- All record keeping methods are followed per instructions
- All cost-related items are included in the job
- Ensure all records kept are legible or in compliance with
- Report all record keeping daily from the field, even when not
returning to the company daily.
- Maintain and care for shop tools, equipment and vehicles.
- All tools and special equipment used on repairs are clean
before being returned
- All specialty tools used on jobs are returned to the original
location in working condition
- Maintain the field vehicle in a manner aimed at ensuring proper
operations and condition
- Maintain the field vehicle in a clean and cosmetically pleasing
manner as per guidelines
- Maintain personal appearance in a professional and neat
- Communicate with others professionally.
- All communications with customers is conducted in a manner
reflecting respect and Honesty
- All communications with co-workers is conducted following the
- Ensure that communications is done clearly and calmly
- Perform diagnostic inspections as directed.
- All field work requires repair determination, by the
technician, once at the machine
- Any inspections required to determine cause of failure is done
following established guidelines.
- Enforces all policies and procedures as specified in the
- Maintains high employee morale.
- Maintains excellent customer and employee relations.
- All inspections are completed with the cause of failure
- All failures identified are matched to solutions necessary to
affect a repair Job Requisites: The individual in this position
should be personable, a problem solver, reliable, ethical,
intelligent and able to adapt to all of the forces around them -
customers, suppliers, department employees, coworkers and
manufacturers employees. Education/Training/Experience for Field
- A technical school certificate or equivalent experience in
mechanical repairs. General skill requisites:
- Mechanical skills.
- Good communications skills.
- Good, safe work habits. Specific skill requisites:
- A good working knowledge of equipment operations and mechanical
- Diagnostic skills
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Must have a pleasing personality with a sales aptitude
Keywords: Find A Wrench, LLC, Winston-Salem , Field Technician (Construction Equipment), Professions , Rural Hall, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!