Machine Repair Journeyman
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Remember the last time you opened a bottle of champagne? A cold
beer after a hard day's work or a bottle of sparkling mineral water
to quench your thirst? Well, it was probably made by us. We are O-I
and we love that we make more glass containers than anyone in the
O-I has more than a century of experience crafting pure,
sustainable, brand-building glass packaging for many of the world's
best-known food and beverage brands. We are proud to provide high
quality glass packaging for beer, wine, spirits, food,
non-alcoholic beverages, cosmetics and pharmaceuticals.
The Machine Repair Journeyman responsibilities:
- Ensures work is completed on time and revises work schedules to
reflect changed plant or department priorities.
- Analyzes operations and makes recommendations relative to
changes in organization, personnel, equipment, department policies
and procedures. Prepares department's short and long-range
- Conducts periodic inspections of forming equipment including
feeder mechanisms, bottle machines and various types of bottle
handling equipment and takes appropriate action. Is responsible for
department's preventive maintenance program.
- Reviews bottle quality and mold equipment operating data;
analyzes blueprints, job histories, specifications, etc. and makes
recommendations relative to equipment operating adjustments and
equipment design changes in order to assist with overall bottle
- Responsible for plant machines parts inventory to ensure
sufficient parts and mold equipment to maintain production while
minimizing inventory costs. Also responsible for department's
regular supplies, equipment and materials. Submits requisitions to
purchasing and meets with vendor representatives to discuss
- Conducts regular department meetings. Meets with supervisor and
other plant staff to discuss common issues and projects. Has
working relationship with Perrysburg machine, mold repair
specialists, container engineering, and mold control.
- Ensures correct use of safety equipment and that company safety
policies are followed
- Develops and administers department budget. Assists with the
development of 901 requests. Responsible for accurate preparation
and maintenance of all department records and reports.
- Coordinates and directs outside contracting work associated
with the machines.
- Support job changes improvement initiatives
- Oversees Machine Repair apprentice program and may oversee
plant wide apprentice program
- Oversees machine repair and provides training to Mfg. Trainee
positions for succession planning.
- Responsible for maintaining equipment critical to the operation
of the factory. Lack of knowledge and experience could cause severe
manufacturing issues and cause critical damage to the one of the
facilities leading assets.
- Able to recognize failure prior to failing allowing repairs to
be scheduled versus being unscheduled thus reducing unneeded down
- Schedules / recommends down time to repair / replace components
do to scheduled preventive maintenance plan.
- Looked at as an expert in the IS machine field and called by
other machine repair supervisors for guidance.
- Supervises and evaluates mechanics, apprentices and support
personnel assigned to the machine repair shop
- Directs and supervises the repair of glass forming machines and
- Responds to emergencies, unscheduled breakdowns and critical
production problems preventing the factory from achieving
acceptable production numbers
What We Offer At O-I
- Opportunity for future growth and advancement
- Generous, Award-winning 401(k) plan w/ employer contribution &
- Comprehensive benefits package
- and much more---
- High school or GED
- Journeyman Card
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
O-I is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class. If, because of a
medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable
accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order
to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact
O-I at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your
request and your contact information.
Keywords: O-I, Winston-Salem , Machine Repair Journeyman, Professions , Lexington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!