1st Shift Production Operator - Starting Pay $16.00/hr.
Company: Michaels Stores
Posted on: September 22, 2022
We're here for the Makers! Come be a part of the team where
innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting
missions in the world!
Michaels is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are here for all Team
Members and all Makers to create, innovate and be better
To review a comprehensive list of benefits, please visit Michaels
CO, CT and NYC only -To review pay ranges for the position you are
applying for, please visit Michaels Pay Ranges - CO, CT, Ithaca and
The Sr. Production Operator utilizes a variety of equipment and
machines to produce high quality custom framing products while
following safety rules, meeting productivity standards and
achieving attendance requirements.
* Operates machine or equipment according to procedures
* Cuts, fits, assembles, packages, and ships frame/mat fillet
* Provides guidance to Production Associates, as needed
* Meets or exceeds productivity standards set by management
* Assist with production flow
* Cleans equipment as required to ensure safety and accuracy
* Performs required maintenance and replace worn parts such as
blades and bits and appropriate and required
2. Product Quality
* Produces orders per quality standards
* Calibrates equipment as appropriate to produce high quality
* Meets or exceeds quality standards set by management
* Alerts management to machine or quality issues
* Performs inspection of work complete for visible defects or
* Completes re-cuts or re-work immediately
3. Safety & Organization
* Maintains a clean work area for safe and efficient operation
* Inspects equipment to ensure safe operations.
* Follows all safety requirements for machine operations.
* Wears appropriate safety equipment at all times.
* High School Diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent
Minimum Type of experience the job requires
* 1 year experience in manufacturing; basic supervisory/leadership
* Ability to communicate effectively
* Verbal and numerical intelligence; accurately read a tape measure
* Differentiate between quality cuts and defective cuts
* Evaluate variations and changes of machinery settings
* Constantly stand and frequently walk, and constantly use foot
* Frequently bend from waist and twist
* Occasionally lift and carry up to 30lbs/18.1kgs from waist to
above shoulders and reach above head
* Constantly push/pull using upper extremities and constantly reach
* Feel with the touch of the fingers
* Constantly grasp, carry, and push with both hands
* Constantly move arms, hands and fingers to grasp, manipulate, or
* Review physical requirements matrix for all requirements
* High noise levels and moving machinery
* Work environment is not climate-controlled and subject to dust
and high/low temperatures
* Ability to work safely in a fast-paced manufacturing
Applicants in the U.S. must satisfy federal, state, and local legal
requirements of the job.
Keywords: Michaels Stores, Winston-Salem , 1st Shift Production Operator - Starting Pay $16.00/hr., Professions , Kernersville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!