Research Lab Technician I, Wake Forest Institute for Regenerative Medicine
Company: Atrium Health
Location: Winston Salem
Posted on: November 15, 2023
Under direct supervision from a higher level technician or a
principal investigator, assists in the performance of a variety of
standardized physical, chemical, or biological tests. Procedures
and techniques are outlined in detail with the employee exercising
limited discretion and independent judgment in completing assigned
Associate's degree in Biotechnology or related scientific field of
study; or, an equivalent combination of education and
- Ability to listen and communicate effectively
- Basic computer skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology to interact with medical staff
regarding laboratory procedures and results
- Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and universal precautions to
establish a safe work environment.
- Conducts standardized chemical and physical tests on
experimental or clinical materials/specimens.
- Operates a balance and other standard laboratory equipment for
mixing, weighing, and preparing specimens for clinical/experimental
- Makes minor adjustments to correctly calibrate various types of
physical testing and electronic equipment.
- Assists higher-level technicians in making microanalysis,
tepids analysis, enzyme studies, radioactive studies, and
chromatographic studies on various types of tissues, secretions,
- Assists with experiments using animals by restraining them for
inoculation and anesthetization; performs routine handling and
treatment; sets up monitoring equipment.
- Feeds animals in accordance with prescribed simple diets.
- Cleans and sterilizes delicate glassware and equipment and
maintains premises in sanitary
- Performs other related duties incidental to the work described
- Research laboratory environment
- Frequent exposure to diseases, medicinal preparations and other
conditions common in a lab environment
- Must wear protective equipment (gloves, gowns/lab coats, eye
protection, face protection)
- Exposure to glass and other breakable objects
- Exposure to animals
Wake Forest University School of Medicine (WFUSM) is a U.S. News
and World Report top 50 ranked medical school, integrated with a
world-class health system, Atrium Health. WFUSM, the academic core
of Atrium Health Enterprise, is a recognized leader in experiential
medical education and groundbreaking research that includes Wake
Forest Innovations, a commercialization enterprise focused on
advancing health care through new medical technologies and
biomedical discovery. WFUSM, has over $300M in annual, extramural
funding that drives a cutting-edge Academic Learning Health System
by integrating innovative research with excellent patient care
across our enterprise.
Atrium Health is based in Winston-Salem, North Carolina and is part
of Advocate Health, which is headquartered in Charlotte, North
Carolina, and is the fifth-largest nonprofit health system in the
United States, created from the combination of Atrium Health and
Advocate Aurora Health. AHWFB is an 885-bed tertiary-care hospital
in Winston-Salem - that includes Brenner Children's Hospital, five
community hospitals, more than 300 primary and specialty care
locations and more than 2,700 physicians.
Our highly integrated academic and clinical environment is deeply
committed to improving health, elevating hope, and advancing
healing - for all.
It should be noted that while you are applying on the Wake Forest
University School of Medicine Career Site, you will receive
communications from the Atrium Health Recruitment Team. Please know
that this is an expected process. Thanks in advance for your
About the Team
Mission, Vision and Culture Commitments
To improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all.
To be the first and best choice for care.
We create a space where all Belong
We Work as One to make great things happen
We earn Trust in all we do
We Innovate to better the now and create the future
We drive for Excellence - always
Keywords: Atrium Health, Winston-Salem , Research Lab Technician I, Wake Forest Institute for Regenerative Medicine, Professions , Winston Salem, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!