Optimization Analyst II
Company: Hanes Brands
Location: Winston Salem
Posted on: December 2, 2019
This position serves as an analytic and change agent on the
Modeling and Simulation team by performing process analysis,
process improvement and implementation of proven advanced business
initiatives across the global supply chain. Projects may involve:
tactical network optimization, inventory optimization and
management, demand planning, supply planning, S&OP, advanced
scheduling, financial modeling, and supporting metrics. Projects
will frequently entail a blend of process redesign, analytics, new
technology enablers, system integration and change management. The
scope of this position includes functions and processes that
support nearly $5.0 billion in sales, involve more than 190,000
products, and span the globe with more than 150 manufacturing
Incumbent will leverage a solid understanding of supply chain
theory and then practically apply both theory and supporting
analysis to optimize working capital investment, customer service
and inventory investment. Incumbent must be able to manage multiple
projects, work across multiple functions and have advanced
communication skills to achieve their targeted supply chain savings
goals. Incumbent will develop business cases that credibly
communicate analytical results to many levels of the organization,
across all functional areas and include interactions with Executive
and Senior Management.
I. Manage strategic business process optimization initiatives:
Analyze existing business processes and operating models
- Map and gap existing processes looking for ways to eliminate,
automate and improve.
- Create and run simulation models where appropriate.
- Provide a transformation roadmap of quick hit, tactical and
strategic opportunities that leverages people, process and
- Create implementation plan and business case with major
- Deliver the targeted value along with required change
management, training and sustaining metrics Optimize the global
end-to-end supply chain planning process
- Assist in the design, implementation, maintenance and ongoing
improvement of an integrated, advanced supply chain planning,
scheduling and sequencing system.
- Work cross-functionally with Forecasting, Capacity Planning,
Supply Planning, Marketing, Sales, Logistics & Global Supply Chain
functions to align Sales & Operations Planning strategies and
- Leverage supply chain maturity models, best practices and
supply chain knowledge to analyze and apply the correct planning
techniques for each problem. II. Manage the Target Inventory Level
(TIL) process across the organization with the primary objective of
setting a global inventory mix that achieves targeted customer
Manage the process:
- Ensure the ongoing setting of inventory targets for each sku
based on the current supply chain profile.
- Manage the integration of newly acquired businesses onto the
process and training of new users.
- Assist business units with seasonal inventory strategies.
Monitor the process:
- Generate TIL alerts to indicate changes in underlying
assumptions that will lead to potential problems.
- Develop and maintain a dashboard of inventory management &
optimization key performance indicators.
- Conduct root cause analysis on excess inventory and stock outs
at each node Analyze and improve the process:
- Conduct product and supply chain segmentation analysis to
determine the best inventory planning and manufacturing approaches
for different product segments based on variability, cost,
lead-time, and margin.
- Establish the right stock level and replenishment rate for each
product in each location using multi-echelon inventory optimization
- Utilize service level-product mix optimization to achieve a
blended service level while optimizing cost/margin.
- Analyze and recommend optimal TIL reset frequency and the use
of a single static TIL per sku or multiple time phased target
inventory levels for seasonal products.
- Analyze and incorporate the use of demand planning data and
error rates into the model.
- Analyze the effect of TIL parameters such as Min Order
Quantities and Receipt Intervals. Experience/Skills/Education
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in
Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Supply Chain
Management, Statistics, Analytics, Computer Science, or related
- 3-5 years using quantitative methods to analyze and improve
- Experience in business process improvement and/or
- Background in some of following: strategic supply chain design,
demand planning, forecasting, supply planning, sales & operations
planning, production planning, advanced scheduling, DRP, and
- Practical experience with advanced planning software such as
IBM LogicNetPlus, IBM IPFA, Adexa and SAP APO or Oracle Value Chain
- Working knowledge of implementation methodologies, project
planning, and management of client expectations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic statistical analysis.
- Practical knowledge of manipulating, cleansing, aggregating,
and compiling analytic data.
- Practical knowledge of relational databases including ability
to write basic SQL queries.
- Exposure with some or all of the following tools: SAS JMP,
Oracle Crystal Ball and Arena.
- Proficiency with MS Office tools including Excel, Project,
Visio, and PowerPoint, and Word.
- Excellent interpersonal, including strong verbal and written
communication skills necessary to work effectively with all levels
of the organization as well as geographically disbursed teams.
- Highly motivated self-starter, driven for results, effective at
prioritizing and managing complex initiatives. Desired
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university in the
above fields is preferred
- Experience in the consumer packaged goods and/or textile and
apparel industries is preferred
- Experience using SCOR, APICS and CSCMP frameworks to design and
transform supply chains.
- Experience on large scale supply chain transformations
including system integration and change management.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, APICS or CSCMP Certification
- Simulation experience is a significant plus
- Advanced Excel with experience in VBA and data analysis add-ins
very desired. To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to
work in the United States and should not require now, or in the
future, sponsorship for employment visa status
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of
the application and hiring process should contact us directly:
Keywords: Hanes Brands, Winston-Salem , Optimization Analyst II, Professions , Winston Salem, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!