Company: Schewel Furniture Company Inc
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Reports to Store Manager*
The Sales Associate is responsible for waiting on all customers in
a prompt and courteous manner and establishing a level of customer
service and satisfaction which exceeds their expectations. Earning
potential of *7**0K plus*, with a guaranteed starting base
The sales associate is responsible for selling all categories of
merchandise at the established prices and representing all products
and services in an honest manner. Benefits package includes
medical, dental, vision, vacation, sick, 401K and more, starting
after 90 days of employment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
* Maintain the appearance of a specific area of the store as
determined by their immediate supervisor. This includes vacuuming,
dusting and making a list each day of specific problems which need
to be addressed by management, such as missing hardware, broken
glass and damaged merchandise. More specific responsibilities in
this area are explained in the floor display manual.
* Participate in and support all merchandise special promotions,
i.e. bedding, recliners, etc.
* Write legibly and fill out all paperwork related to sales
promptly and according to company standards.
* Exhibit a positive attitude with customers at all times.
* Ensure that all point of purchase (POP) material is properly
displayed throughout the store.
* Stringently follow the company defined "Business Builder
* Active use of company "Customer Care Options Selling
* Effective use of the company 'Door Count" system.
* Abide by company defined "Floor Rules"'
* Participate and support any policy change, new system or work
rules the company implements regarding the sales associate
* Make a required minimum number of customer contact calls per
* Attend training classes, as assigned.
* Treat all coworkers in a professional and courteous manner.
* Meet or exceed all monthly goals or quotas as assigned by the
store manager or corporate office.
* Participate in physical inventories.
*OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This position requires
an individual who is honest, reputable, dependable and has both the
ability and desire to serve the customers in an efficient and
professional manner. Must have good communication and time
management skills. Must participate in an orientation program
wherein associate participates in each department for two days to
familiarize the associate with workflow and operations.
*KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES*
Valid driver's license with clean driving record
Answer the telephone and use the intercom in a professional
Ability to work with minimal supervision
Ability to read and understand simple instructions, reports and
documents such as delivery paperwork, merchandise tickets, safety
rules and regulations
Must be flexible and have the ability to perform under pressure
Ensure that work area is properly maintained in a neat, orderly
Perform duties for other personnel who are absent
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly
required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or
controls, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee
must be able to stand on his/her feet for up to eight hours a day.
The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop,
kneel, crouch, crawl, walk and sit.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50
*EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED*
* Graduation from an accredited high school or GED is preferred.
Candidates with less education may be considered upon related work
* Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to organize and prioritize workload, meet deadlines
* Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates
Manager retains the discretion to add or change the duties to the
position at any time.
Please apply at Schewels.com or Indeed.com
EEO/Drug Free Workplace
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 per year
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Disability insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Employee discount
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
* Bonus pay
* Commission pay
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Schewel Furniture Company Inc, Winston-Salem , Sales Associate, Sales , Elkin, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!